FIVE !

' sometimes you can't even trustthe people closest to you '

the people closest to you '

FIVE : can't trust anyone

the sun was on full display up on the clear blue morning sky. it shone on us like we were plants that needed it's sun to grow; grow into something beautiful and magical. ironic considering how there were a bunch of police officers and news reporter surrounding the outdoor pool which had been shut down due to the once clear water that had now turned into a deep red. the man who had owned the pool was first to see the lifeless body, which was facing downwards, floating on the water.

jaebum had gotten ready within a blink of an eye once his partner had informed him of another death. his arms were crossed over his chest and his eyes narrowed, deep in thought. there were yellow police tape surrounding the pool side so that way no one could come any closer. the ambulance was on the side, a team getting ready to fetch the lifeless body; but not before jaebum and jinyoung took a quick examination of the scene.

a figure that came over to jaebum, lingering beside him, was what brought jaebum back to earth. he turned his head and saw locks of dark hair swaying gently against the wind that blew past them like they had no business in the world. he couldn't make out the face because of how bright the sun had happen to be on this particular day, but soon enough jaebum could make out the tall, skinny man standing beside him.

"kim. kim yugyeom. is that you?" jaebum broke out into a shocked smile, the two males now standing face to face. "how're you man? i didn't expect you to be back so early." the two did that bro hug every guy seem to do whenever they saw each other.

"i had to come back," yugyeom started off, his smile now wearing off. he took off his police officer hat, holding it with his hand which had loosely dropped over to his side. "the amount of deaths happening in goyang city is unreal." jaebum nods his head at this, his stomach suddenly aching.

"it's disturbing... i feel like i'm slowly going crazy with this case." yugyeom places a hand on his shoulder, giving it a firm squeeze.

"i know, jinyoung told me. but i'm here now, we can get the team back together and work this case out."

"thanks man, i'd really appreciate that." jaebum offers his good friend a smile before he was called over by jinyoung. "i'll meet you back at the department." yugyeom nods his head before the detective walked over to jinyoung who was standing in front of the body which was currently laid on the floor. when jaebum walked over, he flinched at the sight. the once male that seized life within was dead. his face, it was completely destroyed.

his face was just so bloody that you couldn't tell what was there and what wasn't. "let's just have the body cleaned up first then we'll have a better look with mark." jaebum instructs which jinyoung nods his head to. jinyoung's skin glistened under the glow of the sun, you could tell how disturbed and frantic his actions were, trying to get the pictures taken for observation later on. jaebum sighs, watching the man with shaky hands click the button with every picture taken.

"let's go, we should get ready for the body." jaebum says, patting jinyoungs shoulder who got up and tucked his camera away. "you got the pictures of the whole crime scene, right?"

"already done."

later on that day, mark was with the two detectives talking about all the damage that were done to the poor man. the face of the man was no longer there; half the nose was gone, like the tip of the nose was chopped off; one eye was gouged out revealing the socket; and one front tooth was pulled out.

after checking out the body, the two went back to their office. jaebum sat on his desk, his hands dragging down his face in annoyance. "what are we going to do? it seems as if the killer knows what we're doing. the day i decided to rest, he decides to kill someone. isn't that a bit strange?"

"it is... almost like they knew what we're up to." jinyoung crosses his arms over his chest as he leans against his chair. "a little too weird now that i think about it. they didn't kill anyone when we stayed up all night looking out for anything or anyone suspicious in the past month. we stayed on the low, we didn't make it clear we were on the look out. no one knew except for the department, so how is it possible for the killer to know?"

jaebum slowly got up from his chair and walked over to jinyoung and leaned against his desk just beside him. he ran his fingers through his hair, considering jinyoung's words. "unless..." the two make eye contact as if a light bulb had lit up above their heads.

"the killer is someone we know."