Friends?

I was nervous, well that was an understatement I was terrified. A month ago my grandparents moved us to the Saitama Prefecture, they claimed it was 'for my own good' and that I needed to socialize with kids my age. I didn't want to though I was perfectly content with the two of them in our small rural town.

I quickly brushed passed the few other student who were already on campus it was the first day of middle school I was now attending Nabu Middle School ever since the Incident in kindergarten I'd been homeschooled by my grandma and I liked it that way because I didn't have to worry about hurting anyone or being bullied. The only thing I could be thankful for is that it's a new year and I'm not just jumping in mid-year or something cliche like that, which would make me stick out.

I was in class 1-D I sighed and walk into the class there weren't really many people in the room I wanted the first row seat closest to the window but someone was already there I sat behind him I didn't want to, but I didn't want to sit in the back, and I liked being near the window.

I looked up in front of me and noticed unruly light purple hair, I wondered if it were naturally that way or if he didn't brush it. I didn't want to ask I didn't know if that'd be rude or not.

It was a while before school would start and more students filed in setting up their little groups of friends thankfully both the boy in front of me and the others avoided talking to me the longer I could stay without revealing my quirk the better.

Soon enough the bell rang and the teacher walked in he wanted us to go down our rows and introduce ourselves and our quirks... great... I paid little attention other than the order it seemed to go in looking like I'd be second to last to have to introduce myself. I counted down the seconds until my currently peaceful existence would be ruined. The girl behind me introduced herself and now it was my turn.

I stood up like the rest and sighed a bit, "I'm (L/n) (F/n) and my quirk is Hemokinesis," I said using its technical name hoping no one knew what it was judged by the looks of the students when I was sitting none of them knew exactly what it was.

The boy in front of me stood up, "Shinso Hitoshi, my quirk is... Brainwashing..." he muttered the ending under his breath... Brainwashing? That's a new one I've never heard of someone with a quirk like that. It sounded really cool I wonder how it works?

The rest of our homeroom was uneventful at least I thought it was we just got introduced to the courses we'd be taking and told after lunch we had quirk education... I really hoped that isn't what I think it is.

I noticed everyone but myself moved away from Shinso during our first break before our first class started I was about to grab my phone and just listen to music when I noticed three students approach him. I still took my phone but decided I wasn't going to listen to music just yet.

"Your quirk is brainwashing? That's so cool!" The first said.
"I can't think of anyone who's had that power," The second boy said.

"I'm so jealous Shinso," The girl with a very nasally voice said.

"Imagine all the cool stuff you could do controlling people," The first boy spoke again.

"Yeah, you could do any bad thing you want!" The second cheered.

"And no one would ever know it was you, just promise you won't make us your slaves okay?" The girl said again.

Shinso reached his hand behind his head and let out a nervously low chuckle almost like he'd been expecting this, "Everyone always says that,"

I could hear the murmurs from others calling him a villain.

"You've gotta be kidding me," I couldn't stop myself from blurting that out. Everyone turned to look at me. I crossed my arms and leaned back in my seat "He's no more a villain than anyone in this room." I took a glance at the girls nearby that called him a villain they all turned away. "Besides who's more evil the villain or the person who made them that way?"

"Are you trying to defend villains?" The first boy snorted.

"Nope, just trying to open your obviously pea-sized brain," I couldn't believe what was coming out of my mouth but it was true. Thankfully, at that point, the three of them left and everyone went back to their groups. I was about to put my headphones in when I noticed Shinso was still looking at me.

"Thank you," He said.

I shrugged "It was nothing, I've dealt with kids like that before."

"Really?" He asked almost shocked.

"Yeah," I said.

We would have probably continued talking but our first-period teacher walked in and started class. Every break between classes I'd talk to Shinso avoiding having to explain my quirk saying it'd just be easier when we'd do quirk education. Soon enough it was that time. I went to the locker room with the other girls I could feel their glares as we changed honestly I didn't care about this they'd never look my way again out of fear.

I walked out with everyone as our teacher explained that he'd come to each of us and wanted us to show him what we could do so we could train later in the year for those of us who wanted to attend hero schools. Everyone spread out leaving Shinso and me together.

"You probably need someone to practice on huh?" I pointed out. He nodded "You could practice on me if you want," I told him.

"You trust me?" He said, seems like I'm shocking him a lot today.

"You've given me no reason not to, and for a part of mine, I also need someone to practice on," I explained.

"You still haven't really said what it is," He pointed out again.

"Promise you won't freak out?" I asked. He nodded, "Hemokinesis is the ability to control blood," I tried to gauge his reaction as to if I should continue but he didn't seem scared... yet at least.

"Like Vlad King?" He asked.

"A bit more than that like my dad I can control my own blood and change its properties like making it solid but I can also do what my grandma can which is control blood that's inside someone else like a puppet?" I explained not sure how to since I've never had to explain it before.

"Really?" He asked seeming interested, well that's certainly new once people knew what I could do they'd distance themselves but he's been through this so he knows how it feels probably. This might be the start of a great friendship! 

A/n: This start might be bad but please give this a chance I'll probably come back later and fix this as I did with my Keith story. So this starts with them in middle school because I have a plan for when I get them to U.A.