"Was I supposed to just sit back, let my secret get revealed, and ruin everything?!" He yelled at the smaller boy. "Wh-what's wrong?" Chihiro asked, his small frame trembling, fear imident in his voice. "Why did you have to tell me all that?! Are you trying to rub my failure in my face?!" "N-n-no, I just really admire you. I-I admire your strength." Chihiro took a step back. Mondo clutched his dumbell.

"Yeah... Yeah thats right. I am strong." Mondo took a step forward. "Strong... I'm strong!" Chihiro stepped back. 'Strong strong strong strong strong strong!' The word repeated in his mind. "Stronger than you!" Mondo yelled loudly. "AND STRONGER THAN DAAAAIIIYAAAAA!!!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

In that moment, his vision went black. It was as if he had lost complete control of his mind and body. Mondo felt as if he was in that blank empty space for an eternity, until he heard a loud yell. "MONDO!"

Almost as fast as he left, Mondo slipped back into reality. He saw Chihiro, his arms covering his head. The dumbbell in Mondo's hand was meer centimeters from Chihiro's head. Mondo staired in horror as the sock of what he had almost done set in.

"C... Chihiro...." Mondo muttered quietly. Chihiro opened his eyes and looked up at Mondo, who just stared back down at him. "I... I just... I almost..." Mondo dropped the dumbbell and took a few steps back before stumbling to his knees. "I... Chihiro I" tears pricked his eyes. He felt himself breaking with the thought of what he almost did. "I.. I'm sorry..."

Mondo looked down at the floor and started crying. "I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry!" He cried in between sobbs. Chihiro looked at him, shocked. Mondo didn't dare look at him. His eyes were clouded with tears as he muttered the same phrase over and over again. 'I'm sorry..'

Then, Mondo felt something. His cheek pressed against something soft and a hand was placed at the back of his head, holding him there. He slowly forced himself to look up, and was shocked to see Chihiro, hugging Mondo's head to his stomach and lightly petting his head. "Ch-Chihiro.." he mumbled quietly. "Shhh.." Chihiro said quietly. "Its alright... Just let it out.."

Mondo looked at him and his eyes started to flood with tears again. His arms wrapped around Chihiro's waist as he started crying and practically screaming 'I'm sorry'. Chihiro let him close. "Its ok.. But.. Mondo, what was that? It just.. Did i say something wrong?"

Mondo fell silent. "...... Chihiro. You.. told me your secret. It's only fair I tell you mine.." He stood up and wiped any remaining tears from his eyes. Chihiro stared up at him. "Remember when I told everyone about my older brother.. About a man's promise?"

Chihiro nodded. It was only a few days ago it was brought up. Byakuya, the Ultimate affluent prodigy, had chastised Chihiro for going against his logic of the killing game they were forced to play. Then he yelled at him for not being able to speak up for himself. Mondo ended up having to stand up for Chihiro, Saying that he shouldn't pick on the weak. Soon enough, it had escalated into a full on argument just between the two.

The next morning, Chihiro said that he was going through a bit of self-loathing, after what Byakuya had said and after Mondo had to stick up for him and still agreeing Chihiro was weak. Aoi, the Ultimate swimming pro accused Mondo of making Chihiro depressed, to which Mondo started yelling in his own defence.

Eventually, he blurted out 'Girls are just naturally weak anyway, right!?' after hearing that, Chihiro started to break down and cry. Mondo was honestly surprised. Aoi said it was because he was screaming like a lunatic. Chihiro continued crying. Mondo started to feel bad and said he wouldn't yell any more. When that didn't convince them, Mondo said he'd make him a promise as a man.

Chihiro, along with most of the others, were confused by what this meant, leaving the way for Mondo to explain. Mondo had said that ever since he was a kid, there was something his brother told him over and over again. He said that no matter what, a real man always keeps his promises. That's what his brother left him. He then went on to say his brother had died, but he never said how. Even so, up until that night, Mondo had kept his promise and never yelled when Chihiro was around.