"Look at mY sON-!"

Start from the beginning

He cried out in pain and anguish as if it was the only thing in the world that could give him the love that he needed.

His knowledge of the real world starting young, yet still unknown.

A leaned against the wall and continually cradled him. He stopped crying and looked up at me.
I was taken aback.
His eyes; pitch black voids, voids that gazed into my silver ones. The voids that expressed pain, fear, and loneliness. Another rush of pity washed over me.

So I took him home. The place where I stayed with two other people; Edd and Matt. They could help me with this. Maybe. I wasn't too sure. But knowing Edd, he wouldn't have the heart to leave a child like this out in the rain.

Once I reached the house, I placed the umbrella in the holder and dried myself and the baby.
Edd came down to see the situation.
"What's going on?" He approached me.

"I found him on the way home, he looks ill." I showed him the infant in my arms.

He seemed pale.

Edd took one look at him and confirmed that he indeed was.
"Let's take him to the hospital. He may not last longer if we don't leave immediately."

I nodded in agreement.

Matt was fast asleep in his room so neither of us decided to disturb him.

As Edd drove to the hospital, I held the baby protectively as I bounced him up and down.

After an hour of driving, we spotted the familiar white building, hopped out of the car and rushed into the clinic to see if we could get help from an available doctor.
A nurse greeted us and informed that the doctor would see us soon, so we waited.

While we waited, I continued to bounce him up and down whispering soothing words to the baby such as "it's okay little one." Or "don't fret." In order to keep him calm. He started to whimper.

He was in pain.

Edd looked over to me. I looked back at him.
I was afraid.
Afraid that the bundle I was holding would suddenly go limp.

The room was filled with noises such as footsteps and clanking medical equipment that created sounds while being moved or carried around by a staff.
Patients groaning in pain as they call for assistance.
People uttering silent prayers hoping their loved ones would survive.

"Sir Gold, Sir Lawson, I'm Dr. Secret. Come this way." A lady with short light brown hair that reached up to her shoulders, bangs almost covering her eyes, and a white coat over her clothing stood in front of us.
We followed her as she led us to a department.

"May I see him?" She held out her arms.

Hesitantly, I gently passed the infant onto her arms as she took him to a separate room. He was under her care for now.

We sat down on the chairs and waited once again. I guessed that she checked up on him and his health. Sure enough, the door swung open as she came out with him; carefully holding the child.

"He has a flu." The doctor sighed.
"But he'll be better soon as long as he's given the prescribed medicine. Make sure to give him proper rest." She smiled at us.

She handed me the paper with the prescriptions which I accepted.
I reached over to retrieve him. He was sleeping peacefully.
Edd walked over to her. "Thank you for your time. We're very relieved that he didn't catch anything else."