1

Tell me about your mother.

My mother was... kind, for the most part. I remember one time, I came home from school angry. My art teacher had ruined a photo of mine, and I was pissed off because she never asked to do what she did; She scratched a grid into the photo, litterally ruining the photo for anything other then that project. Being very poor, I only had one copy. So I was angry, sad, and frustrated at my art teacher.

When I got home I told my mom what was wrong, and I got very heated in my emotions. Now, reader, I need you to know that just means I was showing any emotions other then happiness. My mother, in her motherly wisdom suggested a run/jog to cool my head. I was very angry so I didn't want to talk during this run. I already said what was wrong, now I want to leave it in the road behind me as I run. My mother decided she should come with. So I try to sprint as far as I can from her so I dont have to talk to her, and I can think. When I run out of wind for the sprint, I did a very slow jog to get my breath back so I could keep it up. Well, my mom catches up behind me, and I start a fast jog to keep distance between us.

I'm a teenager. I 1, was old enough to run alone. And 2, I didnt want to talk. I just wanted to work out my moods for myself. Especially not to my mom.

She told me later that I needed to work on my communication skills. She said it like, "high and mighty, hoity toity, you shouldn't ever get to work shit out alone. Ever."

Oh, and once she told me on the phone she wishes she had a {insert my assigned gender} she could be proud of. Really? I mean, I guess.

My mom once saw two very small self harm scabs. Now when I say small, it should have been considered a long paper cut that I wouldn't let heal. It was a teenager's desperate plee for attention, not much more (at that time). Being the youngest of 5 kids, I was left with my sisters and myself as "parental figures". Being in the Jehovah's Witnesses cult, I felt wrong, ashamed of myself and who I am. I was a normal teenager, I think. It was my parents who had fucked up views. My mother. Went into her bedroom and started crying. I followed her in there and told her it was nothing, and I didn't know h1ow I got them. (Really, you, the parent believed that?!) She took it as face value. Then the following years later my parents jump started my depression by shutting me in my room. That's a different story tho.