My Hellish Romance | Devil! F.I. x Reader | (2/2)

Start from the beginning

He looks down at me with a bored expression.

"Everyone is having this expression when looking at me lately, what have I done?" I pout.

Rolling his eyes, he shakes his head and leans in for a kiss, that I gladly return.

"What did you do while I was gone?" I ask as we walk down the hall.

"Nothing much." He shrugs, "Didn't have anything to do. And still don't have. Want to go somewhere?"

"Sure, why not?" I smile. "Just tell me where in case I need to change."

"A walk. Just put on something comfortable."

I show him an okay sign and turn right, taking the hall that leads to the staircase.

Doing as he said, I threw on some different clothes.

"Done, done, let's go?" I say as I see the Devil waiting by the front doors.

He nods and extends an arm which I hook mine with and we start making our way to wherever he's taking me.

"It's not somewhere I'll feel horrible like that crater, is it?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"No!" The Devil raises his eyebrows for a second, "Of course not." He leans closer and gives me a small kiss on the head, "It's somewhere you'll like, really."

"Better be." I say playfully and open a smile. He smiles back, shaking his head.

We walk for around twenty minutes - which I complained a lot about - until we stopped in a grassed field, in the middle of nothing.

"I like here." He says when we stop.

"Why, this is the middle of nothing." I furrow my eyebrows.

He nods upwards and I furrow my eyebrows at him again, confused. He nods again and I decide to look up. As I do so, my jaw falls.

The sky is grey with with some red... clouds? They move slowly. It contrasts very well with the whole scene, giving a comfortable feeling.

"That's so fucking beautiful." I say widening my eyes.

"Not more than you." He says and I elbow his side playfully.

"Hey, the pickup lines and flirting thing is my job." I joke.

The Devil chuckles and lets go of my arm, walking to behind me and hugging me.

"Cheesy cheesy cheesy..." I mutter. Even not looking at him, I'm sure he rolled his eyes.

"Just enjoy it." He groans and I chuckle.

"Hey, for someone who's considered incapable of love, you're more romantic and all than a lot of guys I've met, if not all of them." I comment after a couple of minutes in silence.

He clicks his tongue.

"Why? Why did they write and assume you weren't able to love?" I ask. This has been on my mind for a time now.

"I don't know. Maybe because I was selfish? Because I'm not that good? Even tho good and bad are just perspectives..." He mutters the last sentence.

"Being... 'bad' does not mean you can't love."

"People believe so."

"You believed so."

I hear and feel him sighing, his hot breathe against my neck.

"But here I am." He replies after a moment.

"Yes." I giggle quietly.

"I think I felt so rejected and alone that unconsciously believed no one loved me. Then, automatically, assumed I couldn't love. Probably something like that." I feel him shrugging. "Is their image of me that bad?"

"No..." I reply and feel him poking my side. "Maybe." He pokes again. "Yeah. ... Okay, completely."

The Devil groans in what I identify as frustration and leans his forehead against my shoulder.

"Well, listen." I say nudging him to lift his head. He does so and I turn to him, putting my hands on his shoulders, "Who cares about what they think? We, your friends and I, know who you really are and how you really are. It doesn't matter what they think, they're not here to know." I smile trying to reassure him.

He furrows his eyebrows with a small adorable pout.

"Look," I continue, "I love you no matter what. I got here because I wanted to and continue here because I want to. I know the true you and fuck the rest." I grin. "Now smile."

His expression does not change in the first moment, but then, he presses his lips together clearly trying to hold back a smile. Noticing I noted, he looks away and I giggle.

"C'mon, you're so cute that it's a crime. If you were a triangle, you'd be acute." I smirk grabbing his face and pulling him closer.

He finally looks at me and smirks back, inching closer, "'Already heard this one before." He rests his hands on my hips.

"I used all I knew to get you."

"You didn't need to, I fell for you after the fifteenth." He grins.

"Really?" I pull away lightly, making his grin close, "Did it take that long?"

"For me to realize, yes. But now, give me that kiss because you're teasing too much."

"Hey-" I'm cut off by his lips on mine.

"I love you too." He mutters between the kiss.

____