Chapter 9 | Amends

<><><><><><><><><><>

AIDEN and Josh had finished up visiting the last pack victims. In total there had been 250 survivors out of the six packs destroyed. 250 wolves homeless and grieving. The Royals welcomed those 250 wolves into their home, providing them a room to stay in for the meantime while they had their packs re-built.

Aiden walked into his father's office trying to find links to the wolf-slayers. Their whereabouts, who they were, who they were going to target next. It was draining, having to stop what he himself wasn't sure of. He was now 18. His father's throne will be passed down to him any day, he needed to find these wolf slayers soon.

"Aiden! You need to come down to the basement." As Aiden was deep in his investigation, Josh's voice spoke in the back of his mind.

"What's going on?" Aiden replied.

"Just come down." There was slight pleading in Josh's voice causing Aiden not to wait for a second longer as he carried on down to the basement.

"What's going on?" Aiden asked his friend as he reached the basement.

"A wolf came onto our territory. Claims he is a rouge coming with a message for you. He hasn't said anything else. He wanted to give the message to you directly." Josh answered while pushing open a door to the cell.

The two boys walked in. The scent of the rogue immediately hitting their nose. It was the smell of dried mud and dehydration. The true smell of scum. The rogue was fair skinned with tousled hair. He had dirt covering his body as his clothes were ripped. The man was hunched over with a smirk plastered on his face.

Aiden crossed his arms as his eyes furrowed together with anger. "What do you want?" Aiden's voice held anger and authority as he demanded an answer. The man in the cell just laughed a sinister laugh.

"We know." The man started, his smirk still plastered on his features. "The white wolves are coming for her. Gabe is coming for her."

"I don't know what you're talking about?" Aiden stayed calm. It is part of his training to hide his true feelings, making sure no one was sure of his emotions.

"Yes, you do." The man laughed. "We know about her, and we're coming. Tell me Aiden, when was the last time you talked to Aviana?" The man's eyes turned a transparent white and a smirk formed.

Aiden's eyes flickered with anger, turning orange. He grabbed the man by the neck, pushing him up against the cell's wall. Gurgling sounds were released from the man as he was struggling to breathe.

Josh intervened grabbing Aiden's arm before he could go any further. "Aiden calm down, we need to find out more." Josh communicated to his friend through the mind-link while trying to pull him off the rogue. That was how they worked. Josh was the one who made Aiden see sense without jumping straight into the kill.

"I would choose your next words carefully rogue, 'cause next time I'm not gonna stop him from killing you." Josh stood with anger flashing in his eyes.

"You're right. The rogue started. "Let me start this again. I was sent here to let you know..." The rogue paused. "His plans for your mate. He can't wait to have her neck between his teeth, he's going to kill her while you watch."

Aiden was now fuming with rage. His whole body transformed into his wolf without any control over it. This man had just threatened his mate, and there was no stopping the forced shift. Xavier fully took over, bones cracking as a vibrating roar left the lips of the wolf. The pitch black creature began scratching and clawing and the rouge. Blood was spilling from his neck as Xavier sliced an artery. Josh stood for a moment before finally stepping in. With much struggle, Josh pulled Aiden off the rogue's limp body. He was barely able to get him out of the cell.