Chapter 33: Gravity

Shawn & Scottie

Scottie and I continued to sit in silence, stunned by everything that took place. It was like a snowball effect. One truth told after the other just destroy the other person. Unfortunately Scottie telling Giselle half the truth about his meeting with Ashlyn might have just ruined Jordan's relationship. And honestly the couldn't even defend her against Jordan's words because she was wrong.

I didn't realize how much my actions would effect Jordan and Gee. Hell when my cousin and Chloe learn their dudes knew of my infidelity too, they'd be in the doghouse too. Eventually I would make it right with my boys and most importantly Jordan and Giselle but for now they needed space. With all this going on It just felt like gravity was pulling us all into dark place.

"So where do we go from here?" I asked with a sigh.

Scottie turns to face me staring at me through her bloodshot eyes. " Ha! We ain't going no fucking where. But you can go to hell." She said to me.

"I have been with you nearly a decade and all I have to show for it is a shiny piece of fucking jewelry on my finger that basically don't mean shit, because clearly you didn't keep the promises you made when you put it on my finger." Scottie sniffled. "Why Shawn!? Just why?" She asked holding her face in her hands crying.

"I just-...I was-'' I started but couldn't find the answers for my actions. Clearing my throat I took a moment to get my thoughts together before responding.

"I wasn't thinking to be honest. Or better yet I was thinking too much. I wasn't 100% over the situation about you not working on our vacation and seeing you dance on that nigga was the icing on the cake so-

"So you fuck the bitch you know I despised the most to get back at me!?" She screamed cutting me off.

"You should have been a fucking man and talked to me about what you saw. Cuss me out, scream, something Shawn! But instead you go fuck Keyonna and now the bitch is pregnant! Now that I think about it when the guys met us at Cafe Du Monde, they looked defeated like somebody had died. They caught you didn't they?"

I nodded yes without making eye contact with her.

"So fucking embarrassing!" She mumbled.

"Guess this is our Karma for not telling Giselle about Jarvis years ago." I admitted.

"I don't even wanna think about that. I was wrong for that then and I'm wrong for what I said today. Guess I thought a couple imperfections in her perfect world true or not, would make me feel better about mine because they were absolutely true. But I was wrong." Scottie said sounding so disappointed in herself.

"Just as over as this marriage is I think this was the nail in the coffin for her and I too." Scottie said shutting her eyes tightly as she sobbed in her hands.

A single tear crept down my cheek feeling the effects of what happened tonight.

"I umm...I'm gonna go get my stuff and go to another hotel." I mumbled. Scottie nodded her head and soon I left out.

*******

I stayed in Scottie and I's room a little longer waiting for more guest to leave. Once the mansion was cleared I made my way downstairs with my luggage. I saw all the guys sitting together on a couple couches.