Chapter 16: Gold Digger

Dez & Chloe

Chloe and I spent the day with Brett and Paisley at their home getting ready for the charity ball tonight. It took no time for Brett and I to get dressed unlike our women so we sat outside on his deck smoking cigars and drinking bourbon on the rocks. As I sipped on my beverage watching the sun set I noticed my brother's eyes on me. When our eyes met he smiled.

"What!?? Something on my face?"

"Nah man....It's just that it looks really good on you."

"Oh! Yeah! This is a nice little ensemble Chloe picked out for me."

Brett shook his head. " No stupid! I was talking about the happiness that woman has plastered across your dumbass face." He joked with the biggest smile.

"Oh you got jokes huh!? But man you just don't know how happy I am with that woman."

"I can see it clear as day. It's so refreshing to see you smile I could almost cry." Brett smirked actually trying to hold back his tears.

"Thank you brotha. She's got me so head over hills we're talking about having a baby by the end of the summer and shit." I shook my head at how crazy in love I was with her.

"That's a big step D-Dawg, so I know that woman is definitely making you happy. Hell her and Paisley talk so much on the phone they're probably planning on trapping us both like some wild Hogs." He and I both laughed at how close our ladies have gotten.

"Yeah you probably right Big B!"

"How do you think mama is gonna react? She gave P hell when I first brought her around. You think Ma gone run her off?"

I shrugged my shoulders. " You know how Ma is. She don't trust no woman with her boys. She's definitely gonna give Chloe the business as would any mother. But I'm sure Chloe will survive."

"Hope so!"

Brett took a pull from his cigar. As we start up another conversation the door leading to the deck opened up. The ladies walked out looking beautiful as ever. My heart skipped a beat as Chloe stood in front of me looking ever so stunning in her red dress.

 My heart skipped a beat as Chloe stood in front of me looking ever so stunning in her red dress