Chapter 24: Same Ole' Mistakes/ Dive In

Shawn & Scottie

Devyn and the team met up in my downtown office in Buckhead to discuss everything regarding his case and his standings with the Hawks. We would have had this meeting at my home office but Scottie insisted I use this one since she spent forever trying to decorate and make it look nice.

 We would have had this meeting at my home office but Scottie insisted I use this one since she spent forever trying to decorate and make it look nice

"Alright Devyn good news, the kit came back and there was no sign of rape. But there was semen found. But it wasn't yours. And when it came back who it belonged to, it caused me to do some digging." Tika said speaking to Dev.

"Whose fucking Nut was it then?" Devyn asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Who is Vonte? And the reason I ask this is because according to the phone records I obtained of her phone for months she's been in contact with someone with that name. And according to one of the messages he was in Toronto with you."

Devyn looked as if his soul had left his body. The realization that he had been setup by the same people he had been trying to tell his family they had no reason to worry about had just set in.

"Vonte is my friend from high school. You telling me this nappy ass dread head bitch almost cost me ten years of my life? Devyn said with much anger hurt in his voice.

"There is a huge possibility. My advice is to stay away from them while I build a case against her and your friends if they indeed have something to do with this."

"And now that we know I never fucked that bitch, what does that mean for my job?"

"Thankfully they do want you to be front and center at the game coming up in Milwaukee against the Bucks. As long as you remain under the radar. That means no going out at all during the playoffs." I spoke up.

"And I've also set up something for you to do a little charity work for you to get back in to your fans good graces. Mainly women. Once you get accused it's hard to shake that. So you'll be speaking with several organizations geared towards women."

"And to make sure your ass stays out of trouble Terrence, Sincere, Dave and I will be traveling with you. So go pack shit head we got a flight to catch in a couple days."  I said flashing my million dollar smile.

********

As I was finishing up some emails on my laptop before I head home the front desk came over the intercom to let me know I had a visitor. I wasn't expecting any more clients today so I figured it must be my wife. Things have been surprisingly great between Scottie and I since New Orleans. We have even been discussing kids more. Keyonna hasn't been hitting me up so the possibility of me telling Scottie about our fling is slim to none.

"Send them in!" I said back to Sarah the receptionist.

But who came walking in seconds later was not at all who I wanted to see. How the fuck did she even know I'd be here.