#31

#31
Ayla's POV

Brennan and I pull into my driveway. We rented a car so that we could get to my house. I know we could have just asked them to pick us up, but we wanted it to be a surprise.

"Hello?" I say as I walk into the house.

"Ayla?" My mom asks from the living room.

I walk into the living room with Brennan behind me, my mom immediately stands up as soon as she sees me. "Hey," I say as I hug her.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asks.

"We need to tell you guys something, where is everyone?"

"Ashlyn is at basketball practice, and Aiden is at work. Your dad is..."

"Hey" I hear my dad say from behind me.

"Right there" My mom finishes.

"How was the cruise?" my dad asks.

"So much fun" I reply.

After a little bit of conversation, I decide that it is time to tell them. Especially now that my mom and dad are sitting next to each other.

"Mom, dad, we need to tell you something." I start off.

I want to do most of the talking because I know how my parents can be, and I don't want Brennan to have to deal with them.

"I'm pregnant" I say through watery eyes.

I'm mostly crying because of hormones, but also because I'm scared of how they're going to take the news.

"Are you sure?" My mom asks calmly.

"100%" I tell her.

"Oh my god, THIS IS YOUR FAULT" my dad screams as he stands up, pointing to Brennan.

"YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE OF MY DAUGHTER AND GOT HER PREGNANT" he continues to scream, "I'M CALLING THE COPS, I'M GOING TO GET YOU ARRESTED, YOU'RE AN ADULT, THIS IS ILLEGAL"

"Actually dad, Brennan is 17. And stop accusing him of stuff he didn't do" I reply back, trying to stay calm.

"OBVIOUSLY THIS WAS HIS FAULT" He yells.

"IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO" I yell back losing my cool. I can't just sit here and let him accuse Brennan of stuff he didn't do.

"I want you out of my house, all your stuff, I want it gone by tomorrow" He says in a much calmer voice.

"Honey" my mom says talking to my dad, I know she is trying to reason with him but I don't want to hear it.

"No mom, it's fine. I'll have all my stuff out by tomorrow, leave the door unlocked tonight, I'll come get it while you guys are asleep."

I grab Brenna's hand and storm out of my house.

I expected my dad to act like this, and I've been preparing myself for it. But it was still extremely difficult.

I let go of Brennan's hand and climb into the car.

As soon as I sit down, I break into tears. I have so many emotions going through me.

Anger.

Sadness.

Fear.

"Brennan, I'm so sorry." I say through tears. "Don't listen to him, he's just really mean. And you didn't force me to do anything. I wanted to have sex with you" I grab onto his hands.

Brennan pulls me into a tight hug. "I know. I love you." He pauses for a little bit while we hug. "But I thought you abated to sleep with me so that Katie would tell you who she was talking to".