#7

#7
Ayla's POV

We rode rides almost the entire day and planned on playing games and eating funnel cakes after. But first we went on the Ferris wheel.

Of course me and Brennan went together. We got on and it instantly started moving.

"How was your day so far?" Brennan asks.

"Good. I love carnivals. You?"

"Amazing, because I spent it with the best people"

He turned and smiled at me, I smiled back. He leaned in the same time I did, and planted a gentle kiss to my lips.

"First you kiss me in the rain, and now at the top of a Ferris wheel?" I paused "you're really cliché"

He laughs. 

"Hey, you told me girls like the idea of being kissed at the top of a Ferris wheel" he defended himself.

I reached over and grabbed his hand and laid my head on his shoulder.

"They do" I said.

Brennan rested his head on top of mine after kissing it.

***

It has been a couple nights since Brennan and I first kissed. We still meet every single night at exactly 1:03, and we normally watch Grey's Anatomy or go to the pond.

1:03

I quietly get out of bed and walk to the living room.

I sit down next to Brennan and lay my head on his shoulder. After a couple minutes Brennan talks "do u want to play Would You Rather?"

"Sure" I respond, sitting up and facing him. "You go first" I said

"Okay" he says, after thinking for a little bit he asks me "Would you rather be really ugly and have a great personality or really pretty but have a terrible personality?"

"Really ugly with a great personality" I say without thinking "I think personality means more than looks"

"I agree" he says "your turn"

"Um... Would you rather go a month without your phone or a month without your car?"

He thinks for a little bit "a month without my phone. If I want to talk to someone I can just talk to them in person, or I can drive to see them. And all I basically do on social media is communicate with people"

Brennan thinks of another one "Would you rather sweet things for the rest of your life, or savory?"

I think about my response "savory, I think sweet things get boring after a while" I think of something to ask Brennan "Would you rather yell everything you want to say for the rest of your life, or whisper everything?"

"Whisper, so that we could still come out her every night and not get caught"

I slightly laugh before he continues with his question for me "Would you rather go on a date with me to a bowling alley, or go on a date with me to a movie theater?"

"Is this you asking me on a date?" I question.

"Maybe" he says.

"I really don't want to hurt your feelings" I say "but I don't know if I'm ready to date yet". There was more to the story about the guy I used to like, well love. We were dating and he cheated on me with one of my friends.

He gave me signs that he liked me back for a while, and things were going great. Until someone I had been friends with, turned on me. She started telling him lies and rumors, and he believed them. He then started dating someone I thought was my friend. (From #3)

When I said giving signs that he liked me, I meant we started dating.  We didn't date in 6th grade, when I started liking him. We dated in 9th grade. The girl that started telling rumors was a girl that was best friends with the girl he cheated on me with. Ever since I've never had any guy take a liking in me, so I never had to face the fact if I was ready to date again

"That's okay" Brennan says "I'll be waiting for when you are ready" he gives me a reassuring smile.

"Thank you"

A/N I'm really sorry that this chapter isn't longer, it's mostly just a filler. There were a couple decisions in the book that I wasn't sure of, so I was thinking about them for a while and I couldn't write without know these decisions.