"Yeah, It was hilarious." Marcus mumbled.

~

"Edith, ahhh Edith."

Lex was drunk, he stumbled over to the girl almost tripping over the table, he toppled to the left and then the right.

"Why don't you talk?" He paused, waiting for her to say something. "Aye? What happened that made you go mute Edith?"

He took another swig from the bottle, daring her on with his eyes but Edith didn't say anything.

"Come on Edith, talk!" He screamed hoarsely as he grabbed her cheeks roughly.

This only angered Edith, she hadn't thought twice about punching him in the face and then proceeded to knee him in the chest.

Fucking Asshole.

Lex got up pretty much straight after.

"Hey! Everyone! A happy ending! The git from the hills of eyes is living his best life." Lex said standing on a table after his short conversation with Shandy.

"I-" Lex grunted. "You-" Lex laughed at the man who gave up and walked away before falling onto the couch.

"Damn, you got them all pegged, Lex. Looking down your nose, talking loud. You're no different than a jock or a prep.
You're just another elitist dick with bad hair and a shitty bicycle chain necklace." Marcus said.

He had heard what Lex said to Edith earlier and he saw him grab her face. For some reason, it really angered him, and he certainly wasn't about to get away with it.

"Careful mate. Murder school and all that." Lex said sitting upright. Marcus threw his can down.

"I hate bullies." Marcus stated as he grabbed Edith's hand and pulled her out of the room with Lex in. "Lex knew Billy was trying to talk to Petra and he dicked it all up."

"Seven minutes in Heaven, weirdos." Brandy said shoving Marcus and Edith into the bathroom.

"White trash dirt bag!" Marcus shouted banging on the door.

Marcus leaned against the sink, closing his eyes as he sighed deeply. Edith found herself running her thumb over his scar.

"It was my bunkmate at the boys' home." Marcus shifted uncomfortably, he hated talking about the boys home. Edith noticed he left the eye. "He was very generous to leave the eye." Marcus said noticing how she was still staring at it.

Edith smiled at Marcus' sarcasm. Edith ran her hands over her face, suddenly all the alcohol she drank tonight hitting her, she was sure she had started to sway. 

"You're drunk." Marcus noticed as he wrapped his arms around her waist comfortably.

Edith slowly leaned in, as did Marcus.