Prologue

The full moon hung high in the sky, it's light shining through the sheer white curtains hanging above the window in Eve Martins bedroom

The full moon hung high in the sky, it's light shining through the sheer white curtains hanging above the window in Eve Martins bedroom. The red head sat on her bed drawing in her sketchbook, the charcoal stick she was using staining her hands with the charcoals residue. Two white ear buds were placed in the girls ears blasting Blink-182's essentials album from the playlist on her phone.

A loud crash from downstairs diverted the girls attention from her drawing, causing her head to whip up in the air. Untangling her legs from the crisscross position they were in, Eve stood from her bed and made her way to her bedroom door grabbing a pallet knife from her easel before exiting her room.

Eve made her way down the hallway and stairs towards her homes front door pallet knife held close to her. Another crash from outside made her clutch the pallet knife tighter in her hand, so tight that her knuckles turned white as she gripped the metal.

Taking a deep breath Eve unlocked the front door and stepped onto her front porch. "Hello? Is someone out here?" Eve shouted into the darkness as she made her way to the edge of the porch. Getting no response Eve turned around to go back inside when two figures stepped in front of her. Screaming Eve raised the pallet knife in one hand and punched one of the people in front of her.

"Ah, Jesus Christ E"

"Stiles?! What the hell are you doing!"

"Apparently getting punched in the face with a surprising amount of strength." Stiles sarcastically replied.

"Well you wouldn't have been punched in the face if you didn't sneak up on me" Eve said flipping the light switch for the front porch.

"Well, I don't have a response to that." Stiles said bobbing his head as he spoke. "Is that a pallet knife?" Stiles asked noticing the paint covered art tool in her hand.

"I thought you were a robber" Eve exclaimed.

"So you were planning to what, smear paint on me?" Stiles asked sarcastically.

"No I was gonna defend myself with it" Eve replied.

"Ok well I think your right hook did enough damage" Stiles said rubbing his face.

"Okay than it was added protection" Eve said.

"Added protection?" Stiles asked

"Yes Stiles added protection. Now are you gonna tell me what your doing here?" Eve asked, Stiles face lighting up when she asked him.

"Yea, my dad left a little while ago two joggers found half a dead body in the woods" Stiles began to explain putting emphasis on the word half.

"And this has to do with you scaring the living shit of of me how?" Eve asked.

"Because you, me and Scott are gonna find it first" Stiles said. "Now grab some shoes and get in the jeep." Eve rolled her eyes grabbing her sneakers from inside, closing and locking the front door and following Stiles to his jeep.

When Eve hopped in the jeep she turned around "Hey Scotty" she said smiling at her friend.

"Hey E" Scott said smiling back.

"He dragged you into this too?" Eve asked the boy who nodded.

"Hey, hey I think of it more as friends supporting a friend fulfill their curiosity." Stiles said starting his car and pulling out of the Martins driveway.

"You know curiosity killed the cat right" Eve asked Stiles.

"Well I always saw myself as more of a batman than catwoman anyways" Stiles joked.

"Ok batman let's go find a dead body"

Edited.