Three

I texted my mum and told her that I should be at her house soon. I already picked up Halley. We are just getting Mason ready and dressed.

When we got there, I started getting a little nervous. I knocked on the door as Halley held Mason's hand. As we waited for someone to answer the door, I looked down at Mason. He looked up at me and smiled. He reached for my hand and I held it. I held his little, delicate hand in my bigger hand.

My mum opened the door and looked at me, then at Halley, then down at little Mason who didn't have the slightest idea where he was but he was still happy to be here.

"Come on in," My mum smiled. Mason and Halley walked inside. As I walked inside, my mum told me that my dad was at work.

We all sat down in the living room. Halley sat on the couch next to my mum and Mason sat on my lap on the chair.

My mum began asking questions about Mason and I didn't know the answers to any of her questions, which made me feel like a bad father. Maybe I'm not cut out for the whole father thing...

"So are you guys getting back together or?" My mum asked and I still didn't know the answer. Halley shrugged and Mum looked over at me.

I shrugged. "I don't know, mum, " I answered. "I just found out about him the other day and I don't want to rush into things."

****

That night, we went to dinner.

"I don't think living together is such a good idea." Halley announced. "Our home isn't here on the road with you and I don't want Mason to get used to seeing everyday just for you to run off on tour with your band."

"Are you going to make me choose between Mason and the band? This is just like when we broke up." I replied, beginning to get mad.

"If you want to be a good father then it shouldn't be much of a choice to you." She stated. Mason wasn't paying any attention to our argument as he munched away on his cheese pizza.

"Are you implying that I'm not a good father now?" I asked her.

"If you haven't noticed, I've been taking care of him for the past two—almost three— years and where have you been during all of this?"

"I've been following my dreams, Halley. You were the one who told me to always follow my dreams." I told her, getting even more mad at her. "It's your own fault that you had to raise him alone for two years. You never thought to contact me or my mum and try and tell me that I had a son."

She was about to say something but I cut her off. "And just the other day you introduce me to my son, and now you're calling me a bad parent and you don't even want to move in together so I can spend time with him? I deserve to be able and spend more time with him to make up the two years that I lost, all thanks to you."

The rest of the night we barely spoke. She didn't let Mason stay with me that night. Instead, she said that we should get a DNA test done because she thinks that if I see that I am really his dad that maybe I'll be more inspired and determined to be a good father.

While we the results, Mason sat on my lap. It scared me to think that there's a chance that he might not even be my kid. I tried to push those thoughts to the back of my mind.

"Daddy I'm tired," Mason mumbled, and yawned.

"We'll be done soon and then you can go to sleep in a nice, comfy bed." I told him. "Do you want to stay with me or mommy?"

"I want to stay with both of you." He answered.

"I know, buddy, but not tonight. Maybe some other time, okay?" I said to him.

He nodded. "I wanna stay with mommy tonight but promise you won't be mad at me."

"I'm not mad at you, Mason." I faked a smile to him.

The lady who took or DNA tests walked back into her office, where we were sitting.She gave us a serious but worried look.

"I'm afraid the hospital made a mistake." She told us.

++

Hello, so what are your opinions on this chapter? What do you think the mistake is that the hospital made?

Don't forget to comment and vote!!