Chapter 23 (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Aww, you guys are so sweet!" Lisa's mom clapped happily. 

"Oh no mom, I just want her to taste it first so if there's poison in it, she'll be the first to pass out," Lisa shrugged earning a shove from her partner making her laughed. "I'm just joking." she unconsciously kissed the side of Jennie's head.

The four older people on the table exchanging a meaningful smile that went unnoticed by the two lovebirds.

Lisa wiped her mouth as she turned to her back and nodding to the waiter that been waiting for the cue.

Three waiters walked to their table and cleaned it up. One of them brought a large piece of cake and set it after Jennie.

"Happy birthday, Ms. Kim," Lisa pulled her closer. Jennie mumbled thank you before pecking Lisa's brow.

They sang the happy birthday theme song and requested the birthday girl to blew up the candle and feed there the cake. They took lots of photos together. Lisa set one of the picture of her and Jennie's as her wallpaper. Jennie did the same.

Lisa excused herself to the toilet. She gave the waitress her credit card to pay the dinner on her way. When she was just backed to her seat when the two sides of parents bickering on who was going to pay.

"This is my daughter's celebration dinner, of course I'll pay," Mr. Kim said.

"Daddy, mom, I should pay for the meals." Jennie raised her hand.

"Excuse us, Jennie is our daughter too now." Mrs. Manoban shot him a glare completely ignoring Jennie.

"Thank you, Ms. Manoban. I hope you all have a pleasure dinner. Please do come again," the young girl suddenly appeared beside her bowed politely. She handed her her credit card and bill. Lisa smiled and nodded a little.

"I'm sorry folks, but I'm the one who's going to marry her, so..." She set the card in her wallet and sat comfortably. Jennie was blushing hard at the remark. 

The parents couldn't argue with that. Each put their wallet back into their purse.

They hugged each other before separating on their own way.

"Do you want to go home?" She turned to her as they waved to their parents. "The night is still early. We can have a date for ourselves if you want." she smiled.

"Hmm," she actually liked the idea. "What do you have in mind, Lili?"

"There's a small but very yummy ice cream store near here, want to go there?"

Jennie gasped. "You already ate three-quarter of your meal and half of my salad, not to mention how big your cake was! Are you sure you still have a room for ice cream?"

"Is there even a time when my stomach doesn't have a place for it?" Lisa laughed. "The place is nice, we can just buy one small cup and talk all night," she said that with the big puppy eyes of her. "My car is also parked not far from that shop."

Jennie giggled, Lisa could act like a kid sometimes- most of the time was more like it. "Okay then, lets go."

They walked slowly, hands entangled. They talked, they teased, they laughed together.

At the same day as today, twenty-eight years ago, Jennie was born and Lisa couldn't be anymore grateful for that. To be the partner of this extraordinary woman, to be given the opportunity of holding her hand, to felt the warm embrace from her anytime she wanted were something she couldn't never imagine before.