Chapter 2: Ignite

I was pulled from my peaceful slumber, by the loud, ear piercing shriek of my alarm clock. I woke up and shot a glare towards my electronic box and decided to smack it with the side of my hand, causing a sharp pain to travel up my hand and my arm, I hissed in pain and grabbed my arm tenderly.

To add another wonderful experience to my already incredible morning, a splitting pain rushed through my head. I shot up, clutching my head and groaned. I looked over to my nightstand to see two tablets of Advil and some water along with a note. I smiled gratefully and grabbed the tablets, popping them in my mouth before washing them down with the water and sighed, I then glanced at the small folded paper and snatched the note opening it.

I glanced at the neat cursive, and realized that it read

'Livy,
We thought you may need the Advil to help with your headache from the crying, you don't have to go to school if you don't want to, just relax, we love you just the way you are.
love
Brandon and Jake'

A huge smile lit up my features and I held the paper close to me, I loved my brothers more then anything and didn't deserve them.

I crawled out of bed to hear yelling from the kitchen. intrigued I snuck into hearing distance.

"She's not going Mom, give it up already." I heard one scream I assumed it was Brandon by the slightly deeper voice, and pressed my ear against the door.

"You didn't see her last night, we had to watch our baby sister cry herself to sleep and hug her until she passed out, because you guys called her a damn disappointment for something completely out of her control." Jake snapped. His voice broke at the last sentence and I felt my heart break.

My heart pounded painfully against my ribcage as I waited for the next person to speak.

"They're just going to give her a few things to spike her powers." Mom yelled back just as angry. "It's perfectly safe, and there is very little side affects, nothing to permanently harm her."

I felt a weight drop in the middle of my chest, like a boulder pressing down, and had difficulty breathing for a minute, and I sighed. Despite my better judgment, I got up and trudged downstairs.

"Morning." I muttered, looking at the ground to avoid my mothers piercing gaze. 

I walked towards the small glass jar filled with small chocolate chip cookies, I glanced at my brother's guilty faces and shot them an innocent smile, nothing to show that I was listening.

They smiled back and I snatched two small cookies from the jar and popped one into my mouth, chewing slowly.

"So Olivia." Mom began, my heart began to beat rapidly. "How would you like to have a girls night with me to tonight. We can get our nails done and our hair and talk like we used to." Her smile was innocent, but I wasn't fooled.

"Sure, why not." I mumbled quietly, Instead of looking at her, I looked at my purple nail polish and began to pick at the already chipped edges.

"Alright." she explained "It's gonna be fun." Then she got up and walked away quickly. I narrowed my eyes in her direction as she walked away, she obviously couldn't see me, but I still had the urge to do it.

I shot the boys a fake confused look and they shrugged, I knew they were lying, due to the fact that their eyes were anywhere else but, in my direction, a nervous habit I figured out they both had.

In the mean time, I had to get to school. I walked to the hallway near the door and plucked my sky-blue backpack off the floor where I placed it the night before. I walked to the front room and grabbed my simple black converse, slipping my feet into them and lacing them up.

Realizing I really didn't wanna walk to school, I looked at Brandon expectantly. He laughed under his breath and grabbed his keys from his bag, we walked out the door and towards the matte black Mercedes-Benz. I begrudgingly stepped in to the car and sat down as we pulled out of the driveway. I gazed out the window towards the trees And sighed. I normally didn't speak on car rides, just took in everything around me. The ride to school was silent but pleasant, until the car pulled into the parking lot of the school, and dread filled me.

"Thanks." I mumbled to Brandon, grabbing my backpack from the back and swinging it over my back.

I literally dragged myself out of the car and towards the double doors of my school.

"School is so stupid." I thought to myself angrily as I sped walked to my locker to put my bag away.

When I reached my blue metal locker I forcefully twisted the combination into my lock and pulled it open, it was a miracle my locker was still intact.

Just as I shoved my books and school supplies into my locker, a body slammed into me and I was held in a vice like grip. Not painfully, but suffocatingly, I then realized it was someone hugging me.

"Liv." Someone squealed into my ear.

I winced at the pitch of the persons squeal, but let a genuine smile take over my face. I already knew who it was, considering only one person in this school had the guts to literally tackle me to the ground.

"Hey Marianna." I chuckled attempting to give her a hug from the awkward position I was held in.

Marianna was one of my best friends, we've been friends for a while. She had a happy personality and infectious laugh.  The brunette chuckled and let me go.

"What's up Liv." She laughed, I smiled back, it was hard not to, her excited personality was infectious.

She flicked her dark brown hair off of her shoulders. As a huge smile rested easily on her face, her green eyes sparkled as she looked at me.

"Hey girly, what happened yesterday, your brothers called me asking if you were with me and they seemed pretty worried." The natural smile fell off her face and an unnatural looking worried stare took its place. I sighed,

'Of course they would call around to see where I was' I thought angrily.

"I got in a fight with my parents yesterday and I left for a walk." I lied, I hated lying to her, but in this scenario I had no other option.

"Nothing happened, it's not a big deal." I grabbed my books from my locker, slamming it closed, and began walking slowly to my first class along with Marianna. Thankfully for me, she accepted my explanation and moved on with the conversation.

We walked into English and I threw myself into a chair. The class finally began, I sighed and listened to the teacher ramble for a bit until I felt an intense feeling of sleep hit me,

"What the heck." I thought, but I still lay my head on my desk and let sleep overcome me. I woke up to a ruler being slammed onto my desk. My eyes rolled and I looked up to see my teacher glaring at me through her beady eyes.

"Yes?" I asked shortly.

"You were sleeping " my teacher hissed angrily.

A huge fake smile took over my face and I looked up. "Wow! What amazing observation skills you have" I chirped, "Would you like a medal?" chuckles were heard from around the room.

Her face morphed into shock then seething anger. "Detention now, get out of my class!" She shrieked.

"Stop screaming and shove it up your ass, I'm going." I snapped back at her.

I scowled and stood up, grabbing my books and marching out of the room, slamming it loudly behind me, for a dramatic exit, and I do love a dramatic exit. Me and her have never really gotten along, despite me being a McAllister, and her have taught my brothers. probably because of the metal rod shoved 50 feet up her butt.

———————————————————————————

Sorry guys this ones shorter but I hope you like it,
I'm gonna try to make each chapter atleast 1000 words!
Once again sorry about the length of the chapter, but this was an important chapter so I'll be posting 2 chapters in one day!!!!!!
(1417 words)
See you guys next time!!!!
Love Lexi🎀💖💕🌸