Chapter Five

Kankuro woke up with a massive headache. He rubbed his head a sighed as he stared up at the ceiling. Another dream...he thought to himself. He then looked down and saw that he was naked except for his boxers. Then he listened, the shower was on. He looked over and saw Akamaru laying on the foot of his bed and Kiba's clothes piled up. He blinked a couple times and looked in the mirror. Kiba must've clean off his face paint because it just gone. The shower shut off and he looked over, glancing at the night stand were a little cup of tea sat. He slowly picked it up, it was warm so Kiba must have just made it. Then he glanced up again, seeing Kiba come out with a towel wrapped tightly around his body.

"Morning," Kiba said and shakes himself a bit.

"Hey, don't get water everywhere. Just dry yourself with the towel not like a mutt," Kankuro replied.

"No good morning?" The younger one smiled and gave a little laugh, "the tea is for you. Should help your headache."

"Thanks...and good morning," he replied slowly.

"If you're wondering, we didn't do anything. Just made out and touched a lot but you fell asleep so...don't worry," Kiba said slowly and grabbed his clothes.

     Kankuro watched as Kiba moved. The way the muscles tensed and shifted as they moved it made the puppeteer smile. He stared a bit and shoved back his hair. He slowly moved his glance when the other started to get dressed.

"Was I too forward last night?"

"Um I don't remember really..." Kankuro replied.

"Yeah, you're such a lightweight-"

"Because I drank more than you!" He interrupted.

"Mhm, Whatever," Kiba walked over to Kankuro and sets his hand on the other's chest, "I want to be your escort around Konaha and I invite you to come over tonight for dinner. My mom would love to finally thank you."

"Um...I was thinking about heading home tonight..." Kankuro said as he watched.

"We can finish our fun tonight if you'd like. I know you want that," he smiled brightly and it made Kankuro blush a little bit he quickly rubbed his cheeks.

"God dammit, why did you have to figure it out..?"

"Well your scent changed the more people left and the drunker you got, I could smell it more. And you didn't have interest in any girl we listed off for you. It was noticeable I suppose," he said back.

     Kankuro nodded and sighed a little. He slowly got up and grabbed his clothes, starting to her dressed. He glanced at Kiba who watching him in the mirror. He smiled slightly and Kiba looked away quickly, blushing hotly. He smirked and grabbed the face paint from his bag and a brush, slowly painting the familiar purple marking over his face. 

"You look good without all that makeup. I never seen you without it until last night," kiba said.

"It's not makeup, face paint. And it's cool. I like it. But thanks anyway," Kankuro said slowly then continued, "so...do you like me than Kiba?"

"W..well," that confidence was faltering. "I don't know. I mean sure...but I don't much about you really. All I know is you saved me and then I was like a love sick puppy after that. You seemed like so cool and like...I dunno."

"Seemed? You mean I am cool," he smirked.

"Yeah.." Kiba smiled, "But this is the very first time I even seen you in two years. I want to get to know you, that's why I want to escort you around."

     Kankuro smiled and nodded. He finished up and sets the stuff into his bag. He then stood up better and looked around the room slowly, finding his scrolls and tucking them on his back. Then he goes over to Kiba and slides his fingerless gloves on before going to the door.

"Alright, come on Mutt. Show me around The Leaf Village."

     Kankuro swore that if Kiba had a tail it would be wagging insanely by how happy he looked. He called for Akamaru and grabbed Kankuro's before running them out of the apartment. Kankuro quickly shut it up and followed the excited boy. He smiled slowly and looked around. When they got outside he moved his arm away a bit, he wasn't comfortable with his sexuality yet—not in front of people. Then he thought if Temari would see them so close, she was smart and she might hate him. He sighed and started to walk with Kiba but he slowly shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Kankuro, there is something wrong. Why did you move me away?" Kiba asked quietly as he walked Kankuro through the streets.

"I just...haven't told anyone..." Kankuro mumbled, it was unlike him to speak of his emotions that weren't anger or cockiness.

"Oh...not even your siblings? Not your family? Why not?"

"Because..The Sand Village is different. Everyone is judgmental and rude. I don't want my siblings to hate me. And I certainly don't want anyone in my village finding out." He said a little more serious now.

"Why not? Surely they wouldn't ca-"

"My brother is the Kazekage. People find out his other brother is gay and they disown him because they believe gay can be caught and they would think Gaara is too. They would take the name Kage and rip it away from my little brother. I don't want to be the reasoning, I don't want Gaara hating me. Resenting me for being different," Kankuro interrupted and looked away slowly.

     Kiba looked down and thought about it. He supposed of what he knew, Konoha was a relaxed place on this subject. He never heard of anyone getting revoked as Hokage because of someone the knew was gay. Kiba bites his lip and gives Akamaru a soft pet as he thinks. He never met anyone really from The Suna other than the sand siblings. Maybe the village really was that different from his own. Kankuro sighed and leaned over, looking around as he walked.

"Sorry..." he mumbled.

"No reason to be sorry," Kiba replied.

"I'm just..."

"Scared. You're scared," Kiba finished and watched Kankuro nod, "I want you to come over tonight. It doesn't need to be anything sexual but I want you to meet my family. I've told them and they're supportive. M..maybe at least tell more than just me would help you."

      Kankuro smiled at Kiba. He never felt so open to anyone, so trusting. He watched Kiba give the cutest smile back. He nodded in agreement to Kiba's offered and followed the younger one down the streets.

"Alrighty, well now let's go get you some Konoha treats. Doll Boy," Kiba Gabe a quick wink.

"They're puppets, you Mutt."