Chapter Three

Kankuro had been traveling for three days and he successfully gave Lady Tsunade that scroll. He walks out of the Hokage's office and took a deep breath. It was great in Konaha to be honest. No sand flying in your face, clear and fresh air, the perfect balance between freezing and melting, decent amount of people, different kinds of foods, and everyone seemed pretty down to earth. He smiled a little and looked around, he saw the perfect thing. He gave a devilishly grin, it was Temari walking around with that Shikamaru dude but this time that guy was actually taller than Temari. His one hands shoved into his pocket, good. Kankuro didn't want to have to kill anyone for touching his sister but this was the time to go and mess with her. He snuck behind them and smirked.

"Hey Temari, see you're mission was to walk around with your boyfriend while you were in Konaha," Kankuro said between them.

"Why you-! Like I would ever, we were discussing the exams! Why the hell are you here you idiot?" She yelled and slapped Kankuro, that was her way of showing how much she missed him.

"Ow..." he mumbled, rubbing his cheek. "Gaara had me deliver an important message. He wanted me to stay here a bit because I'm not social enough."

"Well ya, you're just too weird to be hanging out that's why you hanging out in our brother's office all the time," she smiled and looked at Shikamaru.

With that smile on her face Kankuro could've swore he saw Shikamaru give a blush. He gave a little look before watching the chunin groan and rub the back of his head.

"Stayin' for a while huh? Well if you'd like, the guys are throwing a party to celebrate Naruto return. It's a drag but ya know, I missed that annoying guy. The offer is there," Shikamaru said.

"A party? For that guy?" Kankuro questioned.

"Oh come on, the point of you here—other than the message—was to have some fun. You should go, if you'd don't feel comfortable with the boys you can always come with me and hang out with the girls, we can have a little girl talk and do your make up and-" Temari was just screwing with her little brother now.

"Shush, fine. I don't wanna go to a stupid girl thing so sure. I'll come to the party. Just um, let me know where it's at," Kankuro responded.

"It's in Naruto's apartment," Shikamaru said and grabbed his invitation from his pocket and handed it over, "I know where I'm going so I don't need this. This has all the information. See ya tonight."

Kankuro nodded and takes it slowly. He watched his sister walk of with Shikamaru and blinked a couple times. There was definitely something going on between them, even though Kankuro teased he knew Temari really like that guy. He smiled and read over the information on the card and looked around. He first stopped at his own apartment to set down the bag he had been carrying. He looked around the room, it was boring not that homey either. It was just a plain room with a bathroom, bed, nightstand, and a small kitchen area. His nightstand hand a little cactus on it that Gaara had gifted him. He sighed softly as he looked around. Then sets down his bag and he looked at the card. He had better get going because it was getting darker. He quickly walked out of his apartment and went right to Naruto's apartment.
Kankuro slowly walked in and saw a lot of the guys there. Everyone looked a lot different than he remember. Then he saw Naruto and smiled a bit. He walked in and waved slightly.

"So you came?" Shikamaru said.

"Kankuro? Wow! You didn't change much, where's Gaara?" The blond asked happily.

"Oh, you haven't heard? Gaara is Kazekage of the Sand. He's quite busy. I highly doubt he even know you're back," Kankuro replied.

Naruto looked surprised, shocked that Gaara was Kazekage. Well, he guess he had the right to be surprised. For one, Gaara had to try kill nearly everyone here at least one and his little brother was only fifteen when he was given that role. That made Gaara the youngest Kage in history. Naruto smiled a bit and nodded at Kankuro.

"Well if Gaara can do it then I will definitely have to become Hokage. Wouldn't want him to get stuck with all those old people at the meetings," he said we an energetic tone.

"Trust me, kage isn't what it's hyped up to be. Gaara is constantly in his office doing paperwork," Kankuro replied.

Naruto shrugged and motioned his hand to a free spot on the couch. Kankuro nodded and sat down. The table in front of him add a bunch of different foods and so he leaned over and grabbed a bag of chips for himself and started to eat them. He listened to everyone talk, watching Naruto flail while he spoke about his two years away. Shikamaru listened but he looked bored. Choji eating, not unusual. Even that big boy was there, the one Kankuro almost killed...oops. He smirked and looked around, he didn't even think about Kiba at the moment. He was just keeping himself distracted with everyone else before the door opened.
Kankuro looked over but was immediately hopped on by something huge. He groaned and shifted a little to looked. It was fucking huge and white and soft. He tried to shove it off, what the hell was it?! He looked up better and saw the long ears with brown patches, the long pink tongue hanging out. It was a damn gigantic dog, a familiar dog. Then it clicked.

"Akamaru! Hey, off!" He heard a voice yell.

"Hey! Kiba! You're finally here! You're so late.." Naruto said with a smile, now in the kitchen.

Kankuro felt the weight on Akamaru shift and he hopped of the couch. He slowly looked up and there was that Inzuka...he was hot. Before Kankuro always thought the mutt was super cute but now, damn. He shifted his attention to Naruto holding a bunch of cups a ramen, one for each person. Akamaru sat in front of the couch and he looked back at Kiba who locked eyes.

"Holy shit, Kankuro. It's been a while Doll Boy," he smirked.

Kankuro felt his heart pound and got stabbed by that smirk. He was an idiot for not thinking about Kiba being there, this was gonna be a difficult night.