“You’ve brought me to the slums?”

“Much more interesting! It's all cocktails and glitter up there. This is the real city.”

“You’d enjoy anything.”

“Not really. Most things. Great, rain’s stopping.”

“When you day ‘last time’, was that you and Rose?”

“Yeah, it was. Cerys too although she was quiet cross at the time.”

“I was not! Rose was and I was giving you and her space. It was what seemed best.”

“That wasn’t what I wanted and you knew that.” I sighed and leaned my head against his shoulder. Yeah, I had known that but I was ashamed of what I had said, how I had reacted about it all. I had pushed him away, feeling I was inferior, that he would be better off with Rose, someone stable, or more stable than I was at the time.

“You're taking me to the same planets that you took her?” Martha asked quietly, catching on to what the Doctor had said.  

“What’s wrong with that?”                                                        

“Nothing. Just ever heard of the word rebound?” I rolled my eyes as she stalked off, before really thinking about it. In a way, she was the rebound companion. A part of me felt bad that she was, considering she was a great person to have around but the part that missed Rose, didn’t care. I could understand why he’d bring her here though… it was a way of reliving the past after everything had changed. Yet, I didn’t want either of us to live in the past. It hurt too much. 

A hatch opened and a man appeared. “Oh! You should have said. How long you been there? Happy. You want Happy.” The man bent down in his cart. “Happy happy.”

Two more people appeared. “Customers. Customers! We've got customers!” the darker of the women said.

“We're in business. Mother, open up the Mellow, not the Rage.”

“Happy, happy, lovely happy happy!”

“Anger. Buy some Anger!”

“Just Mellow, makes you feel all bendy and soft all day long.”

“Don't go to them. They'll rip you off. Do you want some happy?”

“No, thanks,” the Doctor deadpanned.

“Are they selling drugs?”

I shook my head, answering her, “moods.”

“Same thing, isn’t it?”

Soon a young woman dressed in rags walked over. “Over here, sweetheart! That's it, come on, I'll get you first!”

“Oi! Oi, you! Over here! Buy some happy!”

“Come over here, yeah. And what can I get you, my love?” the second woman asked a girl no older than twenty.

“I want to buy forget.”

“I've got Forget, my darling. What strength? How much do you want forgetting?”

“It's my mother and father. They went on the motorway.”

“Oh, that's a swine. Try this. Forget Forty three. That's two credits.”

Before the girl could put it on, we approached her. “Sorry, but- hold on a minute. What happened to your parents?”

“They drove off.”

“But they’ll come back,” I stated, trying to make sense of the situation.