Rise of the Cybermen

I jumped up, looking around the room. The familiar tingle that I had during those times I'd thought about cutting had returned. Shaking my head, I wiped the sweat off my face and stumbled to the bathroom. Splashing water on my face, I cursed as the sensation grew, becoming more and more insistent as the seconds ticked by. I pinched, scratched, rubbed, and slapped my arm in an attempt to relieve it. Nothing worked; knowing the sensation would remain, I returned to my bed. As I went to search between the mattress and the box, I saw someone leaning against the wall. I looked up and for the first time saw that I hadn't been alone. I froze, hoping he hadn't witnessed my actions but after a moment, my eyes narrowed as I made out the figure, seeing that it was neither Rose or Mickey. "Are you alright?"

"What are you doing in here?" I snapped.

"I was just checking on you."

"Well I'm fine. You can leave."

"Cerys…"

"Just go. I want to be alone." I watched as he stared at me before deciding to leave. Once the door had closed behind him, my search was forgotten as I laid on the bed and soundlessly cried.

When an hour of tears and self-pity had passed, I cleaned myself up and made for the console room. As I walked down the corridor, I was thrown to the floor. Scrambling to my feet when the tremors ceased, I found the Doctor, Mickey, and Rose on the ground and air things hanging from the ceiling. "What the hell just happened?" I cried as I looked around the darkened room. It looked so devoid of life, so unlike what I was used to.

"We lost the time vortex."

"What?!"

"Everyone alright? Rose? Mickey?"

"I'm fine. I'm okay. Sorry. Yeah." The trio stood.

"She's dead. The Tardis is dead."

Rose followed him around the console. "Can you fix it?"

"There's nothing to fix. She's perished," he pressed a button, "the last Tardis in the universe. Extinct."

"We can get help, yeah?"

"Where from?"

"Well, we've landed. We've got to be somewhere," Rose frantically said.

"We fell out of the vortex, through the void, into nothingness. We're in some sort of no place. The silent realm. The lost dimension."

I walked to the door, with Mickey following behind me. Opening it, my eyes widened at the familiarity of the place. "Otherwise known as London," Mickey chuckled before we walked out followed by Rose and the Doctor. From the small grassy platform, we jumped down. "London, England, Earth. Hold on." He picked up a newspaper. "First of February this year not exactly far flung, is it?" Rose jumped down as well, grabbing onto Mickey as she almost fell.

"So this is London?" the Doctor questioned.

"Yep."

"Your city?"

"That's the one."

"Just as we left it?"

"Bang on."

"Even the Zeppelins?" I asked him, pointing up to the sky.

Mickey and Rose looked up. "What the hell?"

"That's beautiful."

"Okay, so it's London with a big international Zeppelin festival."

"This is not your world."

"But if the date's the same, it's parallel, right? Am I right? Like a parallel Earth where they've got Zeppelins. Am I right? I'm right, aren't I?"