The girl closes her eyes and when she opens them again, I gasp - she looks exactly like her twin sister at the moment she tried to kill me. All the warmness in her green eyes disappearing, leaving room for pure spite and malice. The transformation is now complete.

"Good! This is exactly it!" I burst out. "Now you have to maintain this expression for the whole time you'll be with Bureš."

"That won't be hard since I'll be with the original," Lenka smiles and suddenly, it's her again. Then she puts on her "Petra face" again and she transforms into her twin sister. It's rather creepy. "Okay, I can't waste any more time. I'll get to work." She takes a deep breath. "This is the craziest thing I've ever done."

To encourage her, I put a hand on her shoulder. "But it's gonna be worth it if you can manage to destroy the Yeomen. It can be said that the fate of Europe is in your hands."

Lenka sneers. "That's right. Just relax, no pressure."

I see Maria's hands shake as she signs the papers necessary for the alcohol intolerance shot to be applied

I see Maria's hands shake as she signs the papers necessary for the alcohol intolerance shot to be applied. Her lips are nothing more than a straight line and she's sweating excessively. She's probably realizing what is she about to do. That she won't be able to use her favorite coping mechanism anymore.

My hand touches her bare shoulder, sticky from sweat.

"Madam, are you feeling alright?" an employer of a small Castaway clinic we entered asks us. We're not even in the doctor's office yet; this is only some kind of reception where the necessary documents are signed. For a second, I'm afraid she'd back off.

"No, I'm just feeling uneasy lately," Maria replies with trembling voice.

The receptionist dressed in a strange white suit raises his eyebrows. "I have to remind you the application of AIS, alcohol intolerance serum, can only be done with your full content - after all, it's in the documents you are signing right now. If you are feeling forced..."

"No. This is solely my decision," Maria interrupts him, sounding much firmer.

The clinic employee gives us a resigned shrug and lets Maria sign the rest of the documents. The man then scans the documents into his computer and his fingers dance above the keyboard for a moment. "Okay, the legal formalities are satisfied," he announces. "Now, you can see the doctor."

Maria bravely walks towards the office, yet she still gives an impression of a prisoner on a death row. We enter the room and the chubby, bald doctor is already waiting for us. He gives us a hearty smile crowned with a heroic mustache. "Going for an AIS, right?" he claims. "A wise decision indeed. So, which one of you..."

"Me," Maria says and steps forward.

"The form says you're an alcoholic who decided to quit," the doctor looks her in the eyes.

"I thought I didn't come here to be judged."

"But I'm not judging you, not even the slightest!" the chubby man argues. "We all make mistakes, but only some of us are able to work on them and fix them. You are apparently one of them. I just wanted to suggest you medicaments to help you with possible withdrawal symptoms."