You stopped where you were, shook.
What the hell ? What was he speaking about ?

"The tea is ready," you said, trying to act natural.

I'll have to ask him about that later...

Quickly, Oswald left, even if you insisted for him to stay, considering he had no place to go. But he refused, pretexting that he needed to visit his mother's grave.
As Ed closed the door behind him and turned around, you crossed your arms and stopped in front of him.

"Wh-what is wrong Pep ?" he asked anxiously.

"You tell me Ed ! What the hell is your 'Jim Gordon dilemma' ?!" you blurted out angrily.

"Oooh that...I can explain," he said embarrassed.

You rose an eyebrow.

"Well, huh. So Jim Gordon. He...decided to dig further the Kringle case. And he needed to be stopped. So I stopped him. I mean, I am stopping him," he stuttered.

You sighed heavily.

"You lied to us."

"I didn't ! I just...kept the truth from you ?"

"What are you doing to him ?"

"Nothing to worry, really !"

"Tell me, or I'll use my power to find out," you threatened him.

"I'll condemn him for a murder he didn't do."

"You are going to murder someone ? To condemn Jim ? He doesn't deserve that !"

"Yes he does ! He is suspecting me !"

Ivy was following the argument carefully behind you.

"There are other ways Ed ! I don't recognize you lately ! You are so closed and...selfish ! What is wrong with you ?"

"If you don't like to stay here, you're free to leave," he declared harshly.

That was too much. You headed to your room, grabbed quickly your stuff and opened the door.
Ed was back to you and with a quick look to Ivy, you saw that she didn't want to follow you.

"Oh you agree with this too ? Bye bye then."

And you slammed the door behind you.
Of course the first thing you wanted to do was run to Jim and tell him everything. But you couldn't, you just...couldn't.
Ed's cold face when you left came back to your mind and you felt a lump in your throat.
What was wrong with you ? Why did you have to protect him even though you hated him ?
Because you didn't. Quite the opposite.
Tears were forming in your eyes, clouding your vision. You bumped into several persons when you heard a familiar voice call your name.

"Pepper ?"

He placed a hand on your shoulder to stop you.

"Are you alright ?" Harvey asked worriedly.

"No, not all Harv."

"What are you doing here ? What's wrong ?"

You sobbed.

"Come with me", he declared kindly, holding you into his arms.

-

Harvey brought you home and you invented a lie about Nygma not to betray him. Harvey invited you to stay as long as you needed and was extremely nice to you.
You acknowledged that you've missed him and the few time you spent together cheered you up a bit.

"I have to get back to work, there are left overs in the fridge or you can order a pizza if you want, there's money in the second drawer."

"Thank you so much Harv, you're too kind."