6| First Dance Class

Start from the beginning

"For what am I doing all of this? Just for fun? No we're gonna make y'all a thing, watch me", Tiffany said as she flipped her hair.

"I don't know guys", I said a little unsure.

"What are you scared for?" Felix said, looking confused

"Felix you're a guy you don't understand my problem here. What if he finds out but he isn't interested in me? That would be so embarrassing", I said to both of them.

"Look, you are 20, he is 21. Both of you are mature enough to not make a big fuss out of it if it doesn't work out. And maybe even if he isn't interested he might give it a chance. You just have to have faith and see what life will give you. If it isn't going to work out that means it isn't meant to be. And I'm sure Chan isn't going to make fun of you or take distance from you", Tiffany said, trying to comfort me.

"You're probably right, but just to think about it makes me uncomfortable. I wouldn't know how to face him anymore", I said, trying to explain my problem.

"I totally get you."

"I don't", Felix said on which he earned a slap on the arm by Tiffany.

"Shut up, you're not making it better", she said, turning back to me. "I totally understand unlike him. But sometimes you have to take risks to get what you are fighting for. Understood? Now, please let me go home. I haven't eaten yet",Tiffany said.

"I thought you were about to give me some advice, turns out you just want to eat", I said while making a face. "Go. Go get your food."

"I love you, bye", she said while holding my hand and loosening her grip afterwards. But just before stepping out of the car she spoke up again. "Felix. Don't make anything worse and just shut up, it's for the best."

"I-", but before Felix could even say anything, Tiffany slammed the door shut and went straight to her home. "She didn't even let me finish."

"I wouldn't have let you either. Just drive home", I said before he took off.

The rest of my day was just me stressing about the next day. My first dance classe with Chan. I kept on stressing about how I would embarrass myself again. I think I have embarrassed myself so much in front of him, he probably thinks that's just how I am.

The next morning I woke up, already thinking about any way that I could possibly ruin everything. Because that's what I was best at.

I totally forgot that Felix would also be going and that he'll be joining me and Chan in the car from now on.

Of course Felix did have a partner to dance with. Only thing is the girl wasn't his girlfriend, they were like best friends. But everyone knew that it wouldn't stay like that, everyone was waiting for Felix to finally give in and ask her out. But the guy got no balls left after his first ever rejection two years ago. Poor thing felt so embarrassed. But to be honest this girl seemed very nice, I really liked her and she was literally the only person besides me that could possibly tame him.

I quickly took my bag with extra clothing and towels with me, because in the end we would be practicing till late. The wedding was getting closer and we still had a lot of preparations left to do.

My phone buzzed.

Chan: I'm in front of the house.