Javelins and Guilt

Start from the beginning

I went into the closet and found a black tank top, and my black leather jacket. I looked for a pair of jeans, but Alice corrected me, saying I should wear a skirt. "Fiiiiine." I groaned. I found a high waisted red skirt, and my obsidian necklace and earrings. 

When I had (I forgot to put black combat boots in, so you'll have to look up a picture of some, or if you have a pair in mind, just imagine those) my shoes on, I decided to ask Alice if she was done

When I had (I forgot to put black combat boots in, so you'll have to look up a picture of some, or if you have a pair in mind, just imagine those) my shoes on, I decided to ask Alice if she was done. If I asked though, who knows what she might respond with. 

"Alice, what's up?" I asked. The sudden silence of the room was eerie. "Alice...?" I asked. I head some muffled noises, and walked towards the bathroom. 

"I don't know if I can handle this Dad......." I heard Alice murmur through the thin door. I waited for her to speak again. "I know you're my step-dad, and you're my legal parent guardian, but I'm graduating from college in a few days!" She muttered. "Okay... I... I love you too." She muttered. "Bye." I bolted from the door, quietly, and looked at the makeup types in the dresser drawer. She stubbed her toe on the corner of the door, and she bit her lip. "Ouch..." She whimpered. 

"You okay?" I asked, putting on some red lipstick. 

"Yeah. My dad told me some disturbing news... I... I don't want to believe some news he told me." She replied, a gloomy look shadowing her face. 

"What is it?" I asked. 

"He's... He's just been sent to jail again..." She replied. "He was the robber." 

A pang of guilt stabbed me. I felt as if a javelin had been thrown into my stomach. I had hurt her father, and sent him to jail. "The cops would've caught him anyways. You just helped them achieve their job quicker." I told myself.  "You still hurt her father. The only parent she has left!" I scolded myself. The javelin was embedding itself deeper into my gut. I'm pretty sure it had barbs on it, because it was soon ripped out painfully with Alice's next words. 

"He remembers a feline looking person taking the jewels from him. The police think he's delusional. They asked the witnesses, and they didn't see anything... They're gonna send him to a hospital and try and figure out what's going on with his head..." 

"I'm sorry Al..." I consoled. "I can help with money. I've got tons of it. You know I do." I told her. My grandparents had received millions when my great grandparents died, when they died, every penny of their savings, went to my parents. They had both passed away recently due to a car crash, so I inherited all of the money. I was loaded with at least one to two million dollars. My grandparents were so rich, if they wanted to, they could buy three yachts just for the fun of it. 

Those were just my grandparents! My great-grandparents though... They've been on cruises constantly for the past.... 16 years? Whenever they come back from a cruise, they've always gotten me a 'few' souvenirs. They've paid off all of their loans, and they were always content and happy with their lives. They were also very kind and considerate people, not snobs like you'd expect them to be. However, they did stand up for what was right.