fifteen.

Finn and Penny walked alongside together in total silence, so quiet a passerby would've mistaken them for strangers. Finn held his head down with his hands in pockets as Penny bit her thumb nail down so far it began to bleed.

Small Heath in the dark took over a completely new persona than in the daylight. In daytime, it was a bustling town that thrived off the factory work. Children could be heard all over the town as the played out in the streets with their friends and siblings. When night fell however, every minutiae became more cynical. It felt as if there was somebody following your every move, even if it was deadly silent. Silence was worse than noise. Silence meant you were truly alone and had nothing to rely on for help.

Penny was grateful she had Finn next to her. As the days had been passing, more and more people had been caught staring at her as she walked by. It was either men gawping at her, or angry wives that knew of their husbands having an affair with her. There was also the morbid fascination that the town held over the fact she was somehow involved with a member of the Shelby family. She was starting to doubt her own safety wherever she went.

"Are you sure you're okay with waiting? I don't want Tommy to get angry." Penny asked him for the fourth time since they'd left the front door.

"It's no problem." He smiled softly at her.

Penny swore under her breath as her nail biting had drawn blood from the side of her thumbnail. She tried to get rid of it by wiping it on her dress, but the tiny bead of red bled through the fabric and spread.

Looking up, her eyes landed on Finn holding out a handkerchief he'd been storing in one of his pockets. She thanked him through her smile and immediately wiped away the mess she'd created.

"What are you so nervous about?" He asked.

He'd noticed that when she cried too hard she got hiccups and when she was nervous she bit her nails. She'd tried to protest both quirks, but she became a walking contradiction when he repeatedly caught her biting.

"I can't tell you." She walked with more purpose and sped away from him, heading in the direction of the nurse.

"Penny." Finn sighed and jogged up behind her. "Where are we even going?"

"Somewhere." She snapped and turned off down an alleyway.

"Where?" He questioned, a little out of breath from her constant direction changing.

"I just need to meet someone but I'm not allowed to go on my own." She finally revealed a little information.

"Who?" He asked, realising she was opening up.

"A nurse." Penny reluctantly explained.

A large penny dropped inside Finn's mind as he worked out where they were heading.

"Are you having an abortion?" Finn asked carefully.

Penny dragged Finn down another alleyway by his lapel and pinned him up against the brickwork.

"If you tell a soul about what I'm about to do, I'll bite your dick next time I give you head." She hissed. "Am I clear?"

Finn nodded rapidly, ever so slightly afraid of what she'd threatened to do.