The house

When you moved to this small town, everything was going great.You had made plenty of friends, was a little less shy now (because of the lack of people) and you got a comfortable house to live in with amazing neighbours. So everything was going fine until you noticed your friends were talking about the old house right at the end of the road, that building always sent a shiver down your spine because of the appearance, from the old rotting away wood to the gaping crack in the wall to all the extremely uncomfortable noises that echoed from it time to time, just everything  about the dirty brown house was unsettling to you. Know wonder why everyone talked about it so little, it was just uneasy to the eyes. You questioned why the people who built this small town didn't bulldoze it down, maybe it was important? Or maybe someone lived there? That just creeped you out even more, so you tried to ignore thinking about it and your friends' conversations.

Finally, when your friends had stopped talking about that horrid place you decided to join in their conversation about what thy are going to do at the weekends, all of a sudden one of your friends asked you "Hey, you know were just talking about that house over there?" He pointed towards the isolated, broken house" Well, do you know who lives there?"..."No, who?" you questioned him turning your gaze towards the house. "Well, most people say that this guy called Salad Fingers lives there!" one of your other friends interrupted with a goofy smile on his face "It  has long twisted fingers and pale green skin with a crooked grin..." You stared at your two  friends, your eyebrows furrowed and sweat appeared on your head, just the image of that deadly thing pictured in your mind made you sick. Absolutely sick. "Hey Y/N (your name) are you ok? You don't look to good." one of your friends asked. "I-I should really get going now, see you two later." You shouted to the two of your friends as your ran home, not daring to look back at your confused friends or the despised house belonging to this so called 'Salad Fingers'.

<Time Skip>

When you arrived home, the thought of that house and the creature living there was embedded in your mind. It was the only thing you could think of, so you headed upstairs towards the spare room inside your house. In that spare room was a window, but if you were to look at the site, you would see the usual houses lined in a row upon the old wasteland with tiny patches of bright green grass sprouting out of the ground, so nothing unusual besides you  were able to spot the old (what you thought was) abandoned house at the very end of all the row of houses lined opposite each over. You were glad you had chosen the room opposite this one. As you were staring at the house, you noticed two things you hadn't before, one was that in this wasteland was a forest, a smile crawled onto your face when seeing that, you had always been a fan of fantasy and wondering around enchanted forests. However, the other thing you noticed was something different about the old house. There was an eyeball staring at the town from the massive crack in the wall, it sent yet another chill crawling down your spine but this one was so much more uneasy so, you closed the curtains immediately and legged it to your room, the place you felt the safest.

After about fifteen minuets, you got up and exited your bedroom, trudging towards the kitchen to get a glass of water "M-maybe I'm just seeing things..." you mumbled to yourself .You decided to head back upstairs into the spare bedroom with the view of that house , when you arrived at the spare room, your stern gaze landed on the dreaded house only to notice that the brown-ish red eyeball has disappeared "Oh fuck! I was just seeing things." you sighed to yourself in relief..."o-or maybe I'm going crazy?" you asked yourself worriedly"...even worse, w-what if there I-is a thing in there and it's e-escaped?! Or-or maybe that thing is goin-" you stopped your depressing thoughts at the sound of a patient knock at the door. You anxiously walked to the door, when you opened your door, it revealed your two best friends (Zack and Harley) you just awkwardly stared at the two teenage boys at the door "Hey, Y/N are you ok?" Zack asked concerned "I-I'm fine, just can you pleases leave?" you replied to Zack and Harley with a gentle yet stern tone in your voice." But Y/N, I want to know if you wanna go to the Salad Finger house?" Harley interrupted-yet again- with that usual goothy grin. "WHAT?! ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY!?!?" you screamed at the both of them slamming the door in their faces. "But I should try to g-get over my fears shouldn't I?" you questioned yourself in a whisper, deciding to open the door, telling the two of your friends that you'll do it only if they were to come along with you.