GREG UNIVERSE

STEVEN'S EYES widened in shock as he saw Greg lying unconscious in the hovering pod beside Rose, his mind racing with memories of his last moments with him on the shores of Beach City during the invasion. "H-how? I saw him die!" Steven turned to Rose.

"There's so much you don't understand," Rose held her hand out to him. "Join us, Steven, join me and become a god!"

"What did you do to him?" Steven backed away from her.

Rose huffed. "I think there's been enough talk."

"Steven, look out!" Pearl's voice called out.

Steven turned to where Pearl's voice came from and jerked back as he saw a Gaia tendril slithering on the ground up to him! Pearl rushed into the room through a hole in the wall and javelined a spear at the photon vine, piercing it and causing it to disintegrate!

Rose frowned at this and tried to attack Steven while his back was turned and Pearl conjured a clone between them that blocked her with a broadsword. "You monster! You're taking people's life force using those vines!" The doppelganger growled.

"Well, what difference would it make? Their lives are worthless if they aren't in service to me!"

"And you'd kill your own son just to get stronger?"

"Move out of my way!" Rose smacked the clone's sword away and cut it down with an axe she conjured when the duplicate melted into a white liquid that wrapped around her arm! "What the..?"

Steven turned to Rose and squinted as the woman flailed wildly at the air around her. "What's she doing?"

"I put her in a Genjutsu, but I doubt it'll work for long." Pearl ran up to Steven and looked around, seeing Sasuke passed out on the ground. "Oh great, he's out of steam."

A crash drew their attention to the hole in the wall as Helio broke his way through, turning to his right and seeing Jasper lying beneath Steven's energy bubble. "What happened?" He rushed up to the orange gem.

"Rose attacked her earlier." Steven explained.

"No, no, no." Helio came to Jasper's side, seeing the blood on her stomach. Reacting quickly, he drew out a star-shaped device and placed it on the light bubble, causing it to spark and slowly turn white. "You'll be fine, just hang on." He held her hand through the bubble, placing his other hand over her wound. "He'll be fine."

Steven looked on in worry as Helio watched over Jasper when he heard a loud splat behind him, making him quickly turn to see Rose's head explode! Steven and Pearl watched in horror as Rose's body fell limp as her blood and brains splattered on the ground, forcing them to back away as it bled all over the floor.

"What the hell just happened?" Steven asked.

"I don't know; my illusion wasn't supposed to do that." Pearl frowned as the blood came up to her feet, forcing her to rise into the air.

Helio frowned as he took a good look around the room, noticing that Rose's blood was draining toward the nine bowls around the room! "We have to destroy the nine vessels!" He yelled out.

"What?" Pearl turned to him.

"She's draining her blood into them; it has to be part of the ritual!"

Pearl looked down and realized what Helio was talking about, trying to summon a sword when Steven flew toward the pod Greg was in. "Steven, stop!"

"Dad, hang on!" Steven cried, reaching out to his father when the room trembled and a Gaia tube shot out of the ground and got in his way!

A violent earthquake swept through the temple and collapsed it rapidly, forcing Steven, Helio and Pearl into the air as the room fell apart! Pearl frowned as the blood on the ground slowly evaporated, looking upward and seeing the eyes of the room's statue come alight!