Part 2.5

Fez comes home to the apartment, ready to try his new resolve of doing it with Jackie.

"Hey baby," He coos, entering her bedroom.

Jackie is sitting on her bed, legs crossed, reading through a Vogue magazine from last Fall. Her eyes shoot up towards him, her mind in a million different places but all pointing toward Hyde. She wonders why the sudden change of heart, why he spoke so candidly toward her. She thinks of his hand on hers, and the way her whole body is still aching from it.

"Heyyy-" A sweaty guilt lingers in her palms.

Fez sighs, knowing she's had a rough day. "How are you?" He asks, sitting next to her on the bed. "Better?" He grabs her hand, running his thumb across it.

Hyde. Hyde. Hyde. Electricity again. Panic.

"Yeah, just weird night." She quickly moves her hand from his.

"Yeah I know, sorry about everyone," Fez says sympathetically.

   Jackie looks at him slightly confused, suddenly remembering the events that caused her to storm out in the first place. She had forgotten about it completely, her mind only went back to Hyde.

"Oh yeah." She says plastering a smile on her lips. "Long day. Look, Fezzy, I'm tired. Do you mind?"

"Actually.." Fez trails, unsure, nervous. "I was wondering if I could...sleep here tonight?"

   Jackie's eyes widen. Her chest suddenly tight. She remembers the last person she did it with was with Hyde. And, she's over that, over him. Except today...today...today was so different.

Why did he talk to me like that?

"Sleep here?" Jackie asks, voice high. "You, in my bed? With me?"

Fez smiles sheepishly, "That's the plan, yes."

   For Jackie, sex has always been a key part of her past relationships. With Kelso...well, it was all Kelso really wanted from her initially. With Hyde it was the start of everything. A memory rushes through her mind of the last time she had sex with Steven.

   It was messy, sweaty, intense. She remembers him grazing his lips against her skin, and how it sent shivers up her spine. She remembers everything, from the way he would look in her eyes before-during- after.

   Most of all, she remembers the way she felt entangled in his arms perfectly, without worry. He smiled at her and he said, "I love you." It felt so good when he would say that, it felt like heaven on Earth. Jackie feels a familiar warmth fill her chest, followed by a longing for the memory. For him.

"So?" Fez asks, his voice breaking her out of a fog.

Jackie looks at him, "Oh!.Um. I don't know..." She feels foolish, flushed, and afraid.

"Jackie..." Fez grabs her hands, looks into her eyes.

"Mm?" Jackie is looking into his gaze.

"This is me asking you if it's what you want. If you don't want me to, I'll wait... I know that you've been hurt by them. But, I won't hurt you like they did...and I know how hard it's been for you." Fez is holding onto her hand so tightly, voice low. "I mean, I feel like this is some crazy dream because you're here with me. And I really really reallyyy want to do it with you because you're you, but I will wait. Just say the word."

Jackie's heart flutters all over.
Fez. Fez. Fez.
How did she forget? She fought so hard for him to be here with her.

She wants to be with Fez.

She needs to be.

I think.

"Okay." She whispers, trusting. "You can stay..."

"Yes!" Fez exclaims, jumping up and down.

Jackie giggles, "You're crazy!"

"OH Jackie that makes me so happy! Hyde said to be honest-"

Hyde.

And, a ton of bricks is falling onto her stomach.

"What? Wait. Did you talk to Hyde about this? Fez!" She barely speaks, slaps his arm.

Fez mouth falls agape, "Oh well, you see...." He's searching his brain for an excuse, finding nothing. "Look, Jackie, I've always dreamt of being with you. I didn't want to mess it up. He didn't say anything bad- he told me to not be honest with you." He answers shyly.

Honesty? 

Son of a bi-

"Fez, honey." She shakes her head, grabbing a hold of his hand. "I really don't want you talking to him about us, it's weird, but-" She leans over, pecking his lips lightly. "Thank you for caring so much."

"So..I can still sleep here?" He grins widely.

"Oh, Fez." Jackie pats his hand, her smile quickly fading. "Not a chance. Close the door on your way out." She waves off.

"But-"

"Goodnight." Jackie crawls under her covers. "Oh, and lock it."

Fez frowns, heading toward the door. "Fine, tomorrow?"

"Maybe." She fakes a small smile, a comforting one for him.

Fez smiles, leaving her room and closing the door behind him.

    Jackie tosses her back onto the bed, clutching a pillow to her chest, and screaming into it.

"Idiot!" Her muffled yell is barely audible. "You stupid dumb, dumb!" She is shouting into it.

  Advice? You gave him advice on how to sleep with me? With me! Jackie is tearing Hyde's head off, imagining a million shin kicks.

Her mind is running at a hundred miles per hour.

  His words echoing throughout the room, touching her skin- grazing against her heart.

Why does this hurt? Jackie wonders, tears welling in her eyes. She absently wipes at them, sniffling.

   Without thought, Jackie reaches for a teddy bear that Hyde gave her while they were dating. She looks at the small white fluff, squeezing it tightly.

"Tell me Cuddles,why is your dad such a moron!" Jackie grunts. "Why is he acting like this...why?"

  Time keeps rolling onward but her mind won't rest. Can't rest.

Steven Hyde is invading every thought.