"White lie?" 

"Told them I got stomach ache," she shrugged. "Besides, being here with you is not that bad," she smiled. "It's relaxing, actually."

"Thank you," Lisa muttered. "So, do you like park?" She changed the topic.

"Yeah, I love nature. You know, beach, mountain, waterfall, park, you name it."

"More than shopping?"

"Same level with shopping." She answered not missing a beat as she laughed. It was so infectious Lisa couldn't help but chuckle along. "I would ask the same question but from what I observed, you're more nature kind of person." Jennie nodded, approving her own opinion.

"I'm a medical kind of person." She stuck her tongue out. 

"It's nature nonetheless. Human body regulated by nature." 

"Hm," she pretended to think. "Perhaps."

"You know I'm right. You just too proud to admit it." Jennie smirked smugly as Lisa shrugged nonchalantly silently suppressed her smile. "So medical is your passion?" Jennie put the bookmark then closed her book and set it aside. 

"Yep. I want to be a doctor since I was little."

"Why?"

"It's every kids' dreams ever, I suppose? Along with astronaut, pilot, sailor, architect, you know cool dreams."

"Lawyer is cool too," Jennie increased her eyebrow.

"Jennie, we're talking about kids here. They just want to have fun. Fly to the stars together, sail across the globe, helping people. Nobody wants to bicker with anybody." Lisa explained. "As for me, my granddad was a doctor too, he's one of the finest Korean cardiologist. He taught me some awesome stuff when I was four? Five? It's the golden period of human lives. It's the time when our brain reaches its peak of understanding and memorizing things. I fell asleep with the sound of heartbeats. I can tell the difference of it. I guess that's why I'm a cardio surgeon now."

Jennie's smile reached her eyes. It was wonderful to hear it. She felt honor to hear Lisa's childhood. Something that she believed not everyone would know. Lisa opened up to her. It made her more curious and excited at the same time.

Feeling wasn't supposed to get involved in this marriage arrangement. In the beginning, she only wished for a shield to hide. That way, she had a valid reason to say no to boys or girls who asked for her heart. Now, she wasn't sure she didn't want something more to happen.

Her curiosity was at its best. Often, it wasn't something she could control.

Then again, maybe, just maybe, Lisa was worth it. And she can finally be happy for herself.

*****

"Nini!" The doctor shouted. "I'm home!" She let off her shoes and hung her leather jacket. The phone in her pocket ringed. 

She walked in as she received the call. "Hello. Yes? No, I'm already at home, why? Oh okay. I'll come visit tonight. Alright, sure." She ended the phone. 

"What are you doing?" Lisa looked at Jennie curiously. The latter with her hair tied into high ponytail - some of her hair scattered around her face, wearing an apron and powder was all over her arms. "You make a cake?" Lisa stepped closer to the kitchen island.

"You are not supposed to be here right now." Jennie had her hands on her hips, pouting. "Why are you home so early?"

"Why?" Lisa took a pinch of the cream.