3) This Bullet Got Yo Name On It Baby

Start from the beginning

"It's not optional for you, young lady. Cause you're our little girl. And same goes for you Adeya." Mr. Pierce says as he eats a cherry tomato. Miss Steward gives him a shake of her head and asks us to help set the table.

"Before I do, I just want to put this out there, because my parents aren't here, I still feel honored to share this announcement."

"And what would that be, Adeya?" Mr. Piece asks. I take a deep breathe and let it out. "I have decided that I am ready to have sex. And before any of you protest, I have done my research. I know to take birth control, get tested and to limit myself to one sexual partner. Now that that's out in the air, lets have dinner I'm starving."

Jennifer and I leave to set up the table and she snickers. "You know you almost gave me parents a joined heart attack right?"

"You're parents are cool. My mom would've locked me up and threw away the key. Or worse, sent me to an all girls school."

***

"Adeya, we are happy that you came to us, because you feel comfortable."

"So happy." Mr. Pierce mutters as he downs his third glass of wine. "And we're also glad that you're going to be safe about this situation."

"You're so young, Adeya."

"Mom, dad. How old were you guys when you first had sex?" Jennifer asks with a small smirk on her lips. We look at both of her parents and they squirm a bit.

"Your mother and I loved each other very much."

"So, in other words you're saying the first time you both had sex was with each other?" I ask. "No."

"We think it's very important that you have sex with the right person."

"Oh I will. And Saturday is the big day. I'll be out in the afternoon, but I'll be sure to be back by curfew." I politely smile at the two and eat my food while they drink more wine.

"Deya, I don't think I've ever seen my parents finish a whole bottle of wine after a family dinner." Jennifer comments as she sits on my bed. We both crack up laughing at this point and I curl up with my pillow.

"I mean you really didn't have to spring it on them at family dinner."

"I know, but then I'd have to hear the same questions. How was school?"

"Are you girls making plans this weekend?"

"Honey, don't forget to ask Adeya if she's still in mourning. Okay that last one was just me being petty but still, I just wanted that out there."

"Speaking of out there, are you going to the reverend's 100 March, this weekend?"

"Yeah, Khalil and I were talking about going."

"You and Khalil are good together." Jennifer says as she leans her head on my leg. "Yeah, we just fit so well together."

"Hey promise me that when you and him get married that my bridesmaids dress isn't ugly."

"Jennifer shut up!" We laugh and I launch a pillow at her. We end the night sleeping in my room. I get out of bed and sneak into my sneakers and then I manage to sneak out my window.

When I finally hit pavement I slink off into the night with my dark hoodie on.

I know where the low lives slink around. It's time for me to put on my mask and lay low, to find some answers and to ask the right questions that isn't going to get me killed.

I go to the seahorse hotel and see more Jon and hoes that I should, but I do manage to see Rey.

"Are you Rey Goldie?" Two of his goons move in front of him and point guns at me. "Hold on fellas. Is that you, babydip? Lookin fine as I remember, mhm. What can I do for you?" The goons lower their guns and I take my hood off.