Chapter 6

Mo Ne sighs. “I can't believe that.”

“What?” Jae Wan asks with a low voice – their kid is asleep on his wife's lap on the backseat and he doesn't want to wake him up. “Are you talking about Ju Han?”

She nods. “Exactly. Your little brother and your ex are getting married” she rolls her eyes and looks out of the window of the car.

He looks at her from the rear view mirror and grins. “Why, you don't like Chae Kyung? I thought you two had found an understanding a lot of years ago.”

Mo Ne's eyes widen but she still doesn't turn. “It's true that we found a point of connection when she left the hotel the first time, but she's still fishy to me.”

“Fishy? We haven't seen her for four years, what's suspicious about her? Are you perhaps... jealous?” he wonders, trying to hide his smirk.

She abruptly turns her face so that she can look at him. “Why should I be? I have a nice life, a good family, a wonderful job... there is no reason for me to envy a woman who is in her forties and hasn't married yet.”

Jae Wan laughs, he can't hide his smirk anymore. He likes to tease his wife very much. He knows she's a little jealous, but he is also aware that is harmless jealousy what she feels. They are both fascinating people so it's natural for them to believe that others may glance at their partner with lusty eyes... but they only have eyes for each other.

When they get to their two floors house, Jae Wan goes to open the door for his wife but she has already gone out of the car. They exchange a quick glance, he can tell she is a little mad about their brief discussion but he knows is just momentary. While Mo Ne is heading to their house, he scoops his son up from the backseat and then closes the door of the vehicle.

Only when they reach the entrance that they see there is someone waiting for them.

“I hope it's not too late” Ju Han says and waves. “But we are heading to New York first thing in the morning and we wanted to drink with you one last time.”

“Already going back?” Jae Wan asks.

“Ju Han has a company to look after. And I'm sure Song Chae Kyung has work to do as well” Mo Ne replies, her face looks unamused.

Ju Han seems to notice his sister in law's electric attitude and looks at his hyung for a sign, and he shrugs his shoulders. “We should head in and have a drink, then. Come on” he then suggests, and they all get inside the house.

“I need to put Ne Mo to bed first” Jae Wan informs the guests.

“No, let me take him” his wife says, and tries to take their son from his arms but he doesn't let her.

“You shouldn't carry him. He's too heavy.”

She sighs and rolls her eyes. “I can make it” she tries to get Ne Mo from his father's hold again, but he is holding him tight. “Let me take him to bed just for tonight, will you” her tone turns a bit harsh.

Since there are guests waiting, he decides to let her do it. “Just tonight, I warn you.” He passes the child to her and doesn't stop looking until he's secured in her arms.

Mo Ne rolls her eyes at the attentive looks her husband gives her everyday. She knows he just wants her safety, but sometimes he's too much. She is already thinking about something else when she reaches Ne Mo's bedroom and places him on the bed. She removes his shoes, his clothes, and then she puts his pajama on. Then she helps him under the duvet and caresses his forehead. “Goodnight, baby” she says before she turns the lights off and leaves.

Once she's out of her son's room, she jumps. “Chae Kyung. What are you doing here? This is the second time you scare me, Jae Wan wouldn't find this nice for our second child's health.”

She grins. “Your baby is really cute... he looks like Jae Wan-shi.”

“Well, we made it together after all” Mo Ne replies as she walks downstairs, her tone is a bit harsh.

“Yes, of course” Chae Kyung agrees. She follows Mo Ne in the kitchen.

“Want something to drink?”

“Just water, thanks” she says as she sits by the table. A long moment of silence passes until she asks something else. “Aren't you happy that I've moved on, Ah Mo Ne-shi?”

Mo Ne is pouring water into her own glass when the woman pops that question. She stops for a slight moment, then continues to do what she is doing not to give her the impression she may feel annoyed to talk to her. “It was my wish for you” she replies and raises her head to look Chae Kyung in the eyes.

“Then why are you treating me as if I were a menace for your love life?”

She raises an eyebrow. “Have you drank too much wine at the party?”

Chae Kyung laughs softly. “You're the same as usual, Mo Ne-shi. You're cute. No wonders Jae Wan loves you. You have a bubbly and innocent personality, and you are pure. He couldn't live a calm life before but now he can with you.”

“What should I reply to this?”

“You don't need to reply anything. I don't even need you to support the relationship between me and your husband's brother... just know one thing. I may have not liked that Jae Wan fell in love with you back then, but now I have completely accepted it. I also wish you happiness. You don't need to wish me happiness too, but... I can assure you my love for Ju Han is real.”

Mo Ne frowns. “Okay, then I won't answer anything.”

“You thought I didn't know you were worried about that more than the possibility of me going after a man that I loved despite he is married?”

“Wow, you're really a psych. Yes, I am worried for him. Are your feelings for Jae Wan gone?”

Chae Kyung sips water from the glass before she gives a reply. “I don't have to justify myself with you, Mo Ne-shi. Like I said, I don't care if you support us or not. I will just say another thing. If you really want to know whether or not I love your brother in law, ask him. I don't think he would lie to your or his hyung after all.”

“Arasso” she says as she puts her glass in the kitchen sink. “I will try to believe you. I mean, I will think about it before I sleep.”

Chae Kyung shrugs her shoulders. “Whatever you like.”

“Speaking of sleep, I am sorry but I should go rest. My ankles are swelling” she confesses as she touches them. She walks to the exit without saying anything more. She is halfway on the stairs that led to the second floor when she faints.