Chapter 4

“No! It can't be!” Mo Ne screams while in the bedroom of her house. She looks at the lace dress in her hands. “This isn't good either. Ugh!”

She had already thrown so many dresses next to the bed and some more were going to be discarded as soon as she would try them on. “I can't even call Soo Ahn for an emergency situation because she is working... ottoke...” Mo Ne says with a resigned voice and lies down on the bed. Perhaps looking at the ceiling will help?

“I've already tried that white dress I wore at that party... it wasn't good. I also tried that other large one but the zip won't close. Am I really destined to go to the dinner in my neglige?”

“Not if you have me as a husband” she hears a voice coming from the door.

Mo Ne stands up from the bed. She is only wearing her nightgown. “Cha Jae Wan, damn you! This is the second time you've done this today!”

The man smirks. “I knew you'd be here when my mom said you went to change outfit. This is why I came to help.”

“Shouldn't you be at the opening?”

“Soo Ahn is handling things well with the team leaders. But I will need to be there with Mrs vice chairman in a couple of minutes. You know, the hotel king can't miss this.”

“Ah, you're so proud of yourself, aren't you?” Mo Ne provokes him, punching his arm lightly. “Well, has the hotel king come to save his queen or it's a bluff?”

“Have I ever fooled you before?” smug face Jae Wan asks.

She raises an eyebrow. “Cha Jae Wan. Be quick and show me what is gonna save me tonight.”

“Alright, alright. Turn around.”

She does as he asked. Two minutes later, she feels something behind her back. It's cold and large. She turns and she realizes it's a box. Jae Wan is smiling proudly. She takes the box and puts it on the bed to open it. Inside, there's a black cotton dress.

She inspects it closely. “Omo, is this the last Dolce? The one with the empire waist?” He nods. She throws the cloth on the bed and hugs him. “You know you're my savior, ya, Hyun Woo-ya?” she says as she gives him a lot of kisses all over his face. Considering she called him with his real name Hyun Woo, she must be satisfied with his gift. “How did you know?”

“I am a magician” Jae Wan jokes. She glares at him. “You think I was only buried in my office to work all night, but I did my homework too. Since the last time we've been together to your doctor, your belly has got bigger. I knew that you hadn't gone shopping because you were busy with the Center, so I figured you hadn't bought any comfortable clothes for work... and I went to buy this yesterday while I was looking for the berries.”

Mo Ne smiles from ear to ear. She leans in to kiss him on the lips and puts her hands behind his neck. Her belly doesn't let her stick her whole body close to his, but she doesn't mind.

“Ah, this getting more awkward” she comments when they break the kiss.

“I don't have a problem with this” Jae Wan comments. “On the other hand, it is just the clear proof of our love. I can't wait to see how will this look like.”

“How could it look like? Like a person!"

He laughs and caresses her face. “That's true, that's true. We'll have to start looking for baby names tomorrow. I will take the day off.”

Mo Ne's eyes widen. “We don't even know if it will be a boy or a girl.”

“It doesn't matter. We can search for male and female names at the same time, don't you think? Unless you want to find out the sex of the baby” he suggests.

“No” her answer is firm. “I don't wanna know. With our first son I was very excited because it was the first time I got pregnant and I wanted to find out... but this time I want a surprise.”

“That's alright. It's fine with me as long as you're happy.”

She smirks and kisses him again on the lips. The two start making out passionately while she still has the nightgown on. She should change soon to leave for the party, but it seems like her mind is elsewhere. They both don't notice the phone ringing while their hands are all over each other. Mo Ne pulls back and bites her lip. Jae Wan looks at her and giggles, then he picks up the phone from the jacket of his suit.

“Oh, omma. Yeah, I am with her. Yes, we are coming.”

“We are late?” Mo Ne asks while she gets in the new gown.

He looks at his watch and nods. “Kinda.”

“Important people always make themselves wait at events” she comments. “Help me?”

He zips the back of her dress and grabs her purse while she wears the shoes. Then he offers his hand and they leave together for the party at the hotel.