Chapter 5

Everyone is wandering around the room and is being served glasses of champagne at the party. Jae Wan and Mo Ne finally made their appearance and they shake more hands as they find their way to their table. There isn't anybody of the guests sitting yet besides their son and his nanny. Mo Ne goes to check on him before she checks on the other guests too. It is her duty as vice chairman and president of the Cultural Center to assure that the investors and journalists liked what they had created.

Jae Wan is next to his wife but he is doing a little of the talking. He knows Mo Ne is the best at confronting people, and after all the real boss around here is her and not him. He is just the manager of the hotel in front of this place and the most avid supporter of the project... or that is what he keeps saying to the woman next to him. Mo Ne doesn't accept this status. She repeats over and over that they created this project together and it is hers as much as it is his, just like hotel Ciel and their kids.

“I am really gonna take the kids of my school here” says the director of a famous elité school of the area that they invited. “What you planned sounds amazing. Is the chairman going to be involved in some way too?”

“Yes, of course” Mo Ne replies, but the woman is not looking in her direction. She frowns.

The woman is waiting for Jae Wan's answer. “I'll be checking on it but my wife will be in charge completely. She is the is the one who will manage this center.”

“Oh, I understand. Anyway, keep with the good work. You'll be receiving a call from me soon.”

“Have a good night” Mo Ne says when the woman walks away. Once she's enough far, she sighs in annoyance and whispers something. “Thought he was single, huh?”

“What?”

She stops and glares at her husband. “Never mind” she gives him the cold shoulder.

Jae Wan smiles. “I am not into older women, don't worry” he reassures her, but Mo Ne is walking few steps ahead of him and he can't see her reaction.

After a long round of guests to talk to, they arrive to a table where the only guest already sitting down is Song Chae Kyung. She looks a bit distracted as she watches her phone.

“Good evening again, Ah Mo Ne-shi” says Chae Kyung. “Long time no see, Jae Wan-shi.”

Jae Wan frowns as the new information. Did his wife meet his ex already? He didn't even know she would be one of the guests.” “What brings you here?” Mo Ne asks. “I mean it in the polite way, don't worry.”

Chae Kyung smiles. “Like I told you earlier in the bathroom, I came as one of the investors.”

“But that isn't the only reason, am I right?” she wonders.

The woman shakes her head. “You'll be very surprised when you find out the other reason.”

“What would that be? You're opening another restaurant?”

Jae Wan feels someone tap his shoulder as his wife asks the question. He can't believe his eyes. In front of him there is someone he hasn't seen in person for two years.

“Hyung. Long time no see, huh?”

“Ju Han” he says happily and the two semi-hug each other – they are still at a public event so they need to be professional. “When did you come back?”

“This morning, I came back this morning. I had a few things to check out but I couldn't miss the opening of this place. I was going to be one of the investors five years ago!”

“And you are one now” Mo Ne confesses. Jae Wan looks at her with eyes that are pondering something, and she explains. “I knew he was gonna come tonight but I had to keep the secret. Sorry! Was I good?”

Ju Han giggles. “Yes, you were the best. Thank you for keeping the secret until now” he hugs Mo Ne too.

They all turn when they hear the sound of a chair scratching the floor. Chae Kyung just stood up. Mo Ne wants to ask if she is feeling left out of the conversation since she and Jae Wan are talking to his dongsaeng, but she refrains when she see her take Ju Han's hand and entwines her fingers around his. The two exchange a glance and they smile at each other.

“Oh. Now I get it” Mo Ne murmurs. “Are you two together?”

“We are getting married” Ju Han confessed.

“Getting married?” Jae Wan blurts out.

“Disappointed?” Ju Han jokes with a smirk as he frees his hand and puts it behind Chae Kyung's back.

Mo Ne opens her mouth in disbelief. “Then he was the person you mentioned? Oh my. I can't believe it. I really can't believe it.”

“You have to believe it, sis” he stresses the last word in english. “Omma already knows it and she supports it. I hope you will support it too since we are going to have our wedding here.”

“Of course, of course. We will help you organize it. You have no idea how much I am proud of you” Jae Wan says with a grin as he pats Ju Han's shoulder. “When is it going to be?”

“On Christmas Eve. It's going to be on this Christmas Eve” Chae Kyung explains.

“I guess I would have already delivered by then” Mo Ne says. “Or else with the lucky we have, I could have had the contractions while you would say I do” she laughs and everyone laughs with her.

Jae Wan reminds his wife that they need to greet other guests too, so they invite Ju Han and Chae Kyung to move to the table where their family will be sitting.