Trusting You Again

Start from the beginning

"Well don't you tell him that instead of ignoring him," I said back.

"It isn't a him," he said to me.

"Oh," I replied.

"Come on bae don't start,"

"Start what?" I asked.

"She's just my business partner, she's wants us to sell her new liquor products in our club, she offering me a nice deal but she's too press, she wants the media involved and I'm not cool with having cameras and reporters in and out the club," he said as he got up going over to the kitchen sink.

"Oh well just tell her I'm sure she'll understand,"

"Yeah I guess, but look, I don't want you to be making a big deal out of this it's just work, nothing more nothing less," he said before walking out.

Suddenly I lost my appetite. I got up to go clean my dishes. Once I was done I went in the living room and laid back on the couch I got under the covers, Harlem was on the floor playing with his toys. I grabbed the remote flipping the channel.

I'm not going to lie I was upset about this new business partner. When was he going to tell me about her? How long had he been working with her? I was wrecking my brain, it wasn't doing anything but making matters worse. I hated that I was pregnant because if I wasn't I'd be sipping a tall glass of wine to ease my mind.

I remembered when me and Jayce were like best friends. He told me everything and kept me in the loop. He stayed telling me everything that was going on in his world. Now it was like he pushed me out. It was like I was second place. I don't know why but maybe my emotions and my hormones had me crying. I didn't even realize I was crying until Harlem snapped me from my thoughts.

"Mommy why are you crying?" He asked me as he sat In my lap, he looked at me so innocently. I hurried up and closed my eyes because he looked just like his daddy.

"I'm sorry baby mama is okay I promise it's nothing," he looked at me like he didn't believe me. I re-assured him. Once I heard Jayceon coming down stairs I wiped my eyes.

"See y'all," he said grabbing his coat.

"Bye daddy!" Harlem got up running over to him. Jayce picked him up and hugged him and tickled him. He walked over to me and kissed my forehead and my stomach. I looked up at him, he looked at me.

"I love you see you later?"

"I love you too," I said as my voice cracked I cleared it and tried to push back to tears.

"See you later," I said.

"See ya," he put Harlem down and walked out the door.

******

Jayceon -

"Well Mr. Taylor I see you are still pushing the media out of our deal," Passion said as she sipped her wine. I sipped a glass of it too. I'll admit it was nice tasting wine and liquor, her deal would really help but I wasn't cool with this image thing she had. She wasn't going to run my clubs name down.

"I've already told you and I think I've made myself very clear, I'll give you a dope ass grand opening party, but we aren't plastering it all over social media , I have my reasons,"

"You would be foolish to turn my offer down, The publicity will be good for your club and it could get you noticed by some famous celebrities who just might happen to want to come party too, I assure you I am not using your clubs name for anything else,"

"Alright then, since you persist I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but instead of 25% I want 75% and you can do whatever you want,"

"75% are you out of your mind?" She laughed and smirked.

"Take it or leave it," I replied. Check mate, I knew she would take it because my club was the better choice then any other club in this city. She'd get what she wanted and I'd get what I wanted.

"Fine I'll take it," I smiled brightly.

"You sure do know how to negotiate, but such negotiations can have a girl feeling a bit hungry, how about we go to lunch?" She asked.

I'll admit Passion was beautiful, and she was a hustler at that. She started her business at 16 when she was working for her pops and uncle. She sold a few drugs, stacked her money went to school and got a business degree. Then she went into wine tasting and marketing. She had beauty and brains, and if I wasn't trying to remain married and faithful I would of been in bed with her.

I was trying my hardest to remain honest to my wife, but her not trusting me wasn't helping. I mean she told me several times she forgives me and still wants us to work but damn I can see it in her eyes. I saw it this morning when she tried to joke about who was texting my phone. When I said goodbye I could tell she had either been crying or was about too.

It was like one minute I'm happy to be back home thinking we gone work things out and now here we are and I don't even wanna go home sometime. I mean just think about it. Look at how she acted that I didn't tell her, what if I did tell her. While she's not trusting me should I trust her? I loved Amber with my heart and soul but lately I had been having a strange feeling that our marriage was slowly about to come to an end. I didn't wanna say it but I just prayed and prayed that my gut feeling was wrong. I wondered if she felt it too? I knew for a fact tho, we were both hurting the same, and it was all my fault.