You Begged Me To Stay

Sorry for the long wait but my motivation was like Zero. :(

After Gary and Robbie took to each other for a second time and revealed to each other how they had felt for the past five years or even the time, they lingered for a short while until the two friends separated again. For just three seconds one still looked into the eyes of the other, until one's own gaze glided with a hint of shame, each narrow ground or even into the far distance. Not knowing what to do or say, the two first gave themselves up to reality again and tried to let the one friend once again become an extremely important part of their lives, as Gary and Robbie had already done six or seven years ago. While an invisible bond opened up between their two souls, making them a unit immediately on no further detours, Gary put his head on Robbie's shoulder and Robbie his, on that of Gary's. As might be expected, it did not take long for the two to be able to resume their eternal bond. It was just a feeling like finally coming home after a strenuous, far too long and already five years of solo tour.

"And you really never felt like I let you ...well... down in any way? ...Not even in a split of second?" Robbie asked cautiously with a trace of uncertainty at Gary if he had perhaps felt disappointed towards him for a millisecond.

Because from Robbie's point of view, there had been far too many moments there, when Gary must surely have felt disappointed by him more than anything else and left alone. Started when he had taken Gary to a doctor without his consent and will, to the copious dramatic morning - where he had slept and then found his friend all but dead in the bathtub, right down to the moment – pulled by Jason in another room and thus had lost all contact with Gary, where his little friend was then disappeared and raped a second time. ...And, of course, not to forget, making him feel even more like a total and careless failure when a fake policeman ripped him from his arms, rendered him will-less and kidnapped him before his eyes.

But in response to this one question, Gary did not answer at first and showed no excitement at all. What was like a bad sign for Robbie though and so, within a few seconds, he got a sick feeling in his stomach. If Gary had to think about a certain thing and it took a certain amount of time, you could mostly be sure that the answer was at least a bit negative.

"Never. ...Well, maybe except ...for once. "

So yes, and Robbie already had a clue what this one time was referring to. Just as he thought about it himself, it could only be the incident where Gary had nearly killed himself. Viewed in hindsight, this abundant unsightly and unforgettable moment was left as the only one. Because of this stupid accident had happened more through its negligence. If his dogs hadn't been, then...! No. He didn't want to think that far now. It was bad enough that, due to a gross mistake, he had let Gary feel let down and, in the process, significantly put his life in danger. So Robbie also asked himself what he had been just for a friend. From his point of view definitely a bad one. Since he also did not speak great and did not want confirmation from Gary, he did not ask any further and left it with it. Tormenting him now with more and past memories was absolutely out of the question. However, there was something that Robbie would like to have answered. So he tried cautiously and in a shaggy voice to figure out how Gary could save himself from the fire and the explosion and where he had been all along and why he was waiting so long to at least tell him that he wasn't dead.

After a felt eternity, but Gary had been wrestling with himself all along - telling Robbie his story to his heart in the first place, the elder finally let his friend know how to escape the fire five years ago and what he was had considered swapping the dental files and disappearing from the scene. Only the part and thus the reason why he let himself look at Robbie after exactly five years, Gary first concealed. Somehow, he couldn't tell him. Especially not after what had happened and thus, like an unnamed thing who did not even know where he belonged in this world, he stood completely neglected before him.