1

I was told that everything's gonna be alright

I was told that everything's gonna be alright. Then he said that nothing's gonna be the same.
I was asked if I could go and make food. Then he said that I was too bad at it.
I was depended on. And then he said I was untrustable.

Then I asked him for one favour and one favour only. I asked him if he could take my heart to reparation;

he took it and never came back.

---

My full name is Eden Luciana Wells.

I did something I wish I never did— not like it was optional. Sometimes I just want to go back in time and tell my past self not to do this, and not to do that. Some other times I want to go back in time, not to change something but to just feel the same things again. The same feelings that I have now became unfamiliar with.

I learned that whatever you do, people would always criticize you. I also learned that I shouldn't give a damn about what others think.

It was two summers ago when I met him.

"Hey. Eden, right?"

I faintly remember feeling anxious as I looked up from my phone, "yes." The boy cocked his head at me and smiled.

"Great! My friend told me I could find you here." He ran a hand through his hair, his blueish-greenish eyes glistened when the sun shone on him.

His eyes reminded me of my dad's friend's private beach he would occasionally take me to. The water would always remain a light shade of turquoise. I fell in love with it immediately, just like I did with his eyes.

I looked around the area, we were in the library. Back then, I would always spend my time in the library to avoid getting targeted by jerks. Little did I know that one of them was right in front of me.

"Do you need something?" I wish that I have never asked that. I wish that I never have met him. I wish that I never gave in.

But how can those wishes come true if there wasn't a genie for me to grant them? How can they come true if there wasn't a well for me to throw coins into?

"You."

That was all it took for my stupid, stupid self to fall for him. I fell for him without even knowing who he was. And it was the most idiotic thing I ever did.

My best friend of four years at the time told me that it was alright to love someone. She reassured me that it was okay. It's normal, she said.

Days flew by and I found myself having my first boyfriend. We'd spend most of our time together. It resulted in me being distanced from my best friend. She wasn't so happy about it, but then would always have a glint of guiltiness in her eyes afterwards.

Months went by and it was his birthday. I figured that it would be fun surprising him at his house. Guess what? It wasn't. I caught him in bed with a girl. A girl who isn't me.

Instead of walking out of his house happily as I expected, I ran out as I bawled my eyes. He didn't even try to stop me, nor did he try to make up afterwards.

I recall the sound of my shoes hitting against the pavement as I ran all the way to my best friend's apartment. My hair whipped in front of my face, blinding my vision.

"It was a bet," she told me hesitantly as soon I told her what happened. I could still feel the way my heart broke: delicately into ashes. The remaining of my heart was then blown away as she said she knew about it.

I froze and my head spun. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"I'm sorry," she apologized.

That night was the worst night I ever had. All I could see was darkness. I couldn't think; I just laid on my back and stared at the ceiling.

Blank. Empty. That was all I was at the moment.

The next day, I went to school. Not even bothering to go to class; I weakly walked to him as he went through his locker. I grabbed his shoulders and turned him around.

I stared into his eyes. Where was his soul? All I could see was a devil lurking in the back of his head.

He stared into mine and searched for something in them. Probably my heart. "Congrats, it's gone now," I spat.

A faint smirk formed on his lips. "It's not my fault you're so naive."

It's now a year later and even though my heart is gone, my brain is still here. And if any guy tries to break me down again, they can go fuck themselves because I'm smart enough to know that they're all intolerant assholes.

 And if any guy tries to break me down again, they can go fuck themselves because I'm smart enough to know that they're all intolerant assholes