ᴅɪꜱꜱᴇɴꜱɪᴏɴ

Dissension

ɪɴ ᴀ ᴡᴀʏ, ꜰɪɴᴅɪɴɢ ꜱᴇɴꜱᴇ ɪɴ ᴏɴᴇ'ꜱ ᴀᴄᴛꜱ ɪꜱ ᴀ ᴠᴀʟᴜᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪᴛ. ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛᴏʟᴇʀᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟᴏᴡꜱ ᴜꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛ - ᴏɴᴇ ᴍᴜꜱᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴛᴛɪᴛᴜᴅᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʜᴏᴘᴇʟᴇꜱꜱ ʀᴇᴀꜱᴏɴɪɴɢ. ɪᴛ ᴍᴀʏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀ ᴜɴᴄᴀɴɴʏ ɪɴ ɪᴛꜱ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ. ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴛᴏʟᴇʀᴀɴᴛ ɪꜱ ᴄᴏɴꜱɪᴅᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴋ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴀ ᴡᴇᴀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴛʜᴇɴ. ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜʏ ᴅᴏꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ʙʀᴜᴛᴀʟ ʜᴏɴᴇꜱᴛʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪꜱᴀᴘᴘʀᴏᴠᴀʟ ɪꜱ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴇᴇᴋ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ. ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜱ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴘᴇᴇᴋ ʙᴀᴄᴋ.

. . .

"W-what...?" You stared at Dazai, many other questions pooling in your mind. How did he know your name? What else did he know? Your mind was a solid gibberish - and along with the sickly atmosphere in the hospital, you couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy, afraid even.

"You wouldn't know? You are framed for murder," a whisper was heard. It was loud enough to terrify you. And Dazai - he didn't seem one bit bothered as he spoke.

You swallowed hard, a familiar feeling of suffocation engulfing your respiratory system. In a single instant your chest fell under a crushing pressure. The sheets became heavy, thick and itchy - all in a lightning moment. Your tongue, you began pressing it against the roof of your tongue, gritting your teeth ever so little to prevent your meek insides from falling apart.

The relaxed investigator must've noticed your discomfort, yet he just slowly blinked at you. "Anyway, now that you know what we're talking about, I wanted to ask - after committing the murder, where did you go?"

The answer was silence. You intended to keep it that way.

"You were away for about a year, yet you're alive and healthy. It makes me wonder, you know?" He shrugged naively. "So why don't you tell me?"

You wouldn't dare.

"(Y/N), I know you're a good girl, and I'm not saying this because I'm trying to make you confess - no. This is a fact. During my investigation, I've found out enough proof to tell you couldn't hurt an ant. I'm glad that such a kind person is found alive and well - yet, you've committed murder and disappeared afterwards. Your perfect life had suddenly turned upside down. I wish to know, why. What happened?"

Even if you wanted to answer, a lump so massive had formed in your throat that you couldn't let out even the faintest squeal.

"What I had to take in account is the fact that you're an ability user. This further complicates the situation, because you might've been targeted, maybe even used at the time of murder and afterwards...?" he suggested.

You kept staring at him with the same stoic expression from before, your heartbeat echoing in your eardrums. This interrogation began to look like your recent, surreal dream. However, now you couldn't feel any trace of rage now - and there was absolutely nothing that would fuel you.

"We know about the nature of your ability. If put in wrong hands, it could result in creation of an almost unbeatable weapon."

"We?" the sound came in form of a hoarse screech.

Dazai's eyebrows shifted ever so lightly at your question. "I'm from the ADA and I'm not the only investigator who worked on finding you. Now then, (Y/N) - if you want to ask questions, then make sure to first answer mine."