Chapter 17: A Returned Fruit

Começar do início

Yoshitade: "And what would that be?" The Kensei asks, curious.

Hardrada smiles a bit. The two warriors kept walking and as they do, they see Yana helping out some of the Knights in repairing a part of the walls.

Hardrada: "We could prove to your people that the Shinobi exists." He says to the Kensei as he observed the young girl. The Kensei is dumbfounded.

Yoshitade: "What? I don't think that's a plausible plan, my friend. The Shinobi are just a myth; a product of the imagination of a man." He replies, unable to believe that the Warden will do such thing. Hardrada turns back to him.

Hardrada: "Well, I think it's about time that you all see the truth. I know for a fact that they do exist." He says to the Kensei. "Well, enough of that for now. Let us talk about something else. Cuisines of our people, perhaps?"

- Elsewhere in the outpost... -

Shouts and yells. Those are what is booming from inside a sake den, and can almost be heard from half a kilometer. Inside the sake den, Knights, Vikings and Samurai are the ones doing the shouting as well as the Myrian peasants who happen to be inside.

In the middle of the crowd, a Lawbringer and a Shugoki are arm wrestling. The two hulking men are having a competition of strength as their audience watch and shout in amusement. Neither one of them are willing to lose.

Eventually, the Shugoki starts to overpower his opponent. A minute later, the Lawbringer gives in and his arm gets slammed into the surface of the table that almost broke one of its legs, indicating his defeat. The Shugoki stands up and and lets out a victorious yell followed by the Samurai and the peasants. The Lawbringer stands up and rubs his sore arm and offers a handshake with the Shugoki who accepts it as they both laugh.

Anaximander: "He sure is having fun over there." Anaximander comments as he watches the entire ordeal, although the thick crowd makes it quite hard.

Gulisano: "He sure is. It is quite amusing to see him take on such a large man." Gulisano says as he removed his hood revealing his messy dirty blonde hair.

Anaximander: "Hah, couldn't have said it any better." He agrees.

Moments later, a Myrian lady who works in the sake den comes over and brought the two Knights drinks. She puts down the materials very carefully as if a wrong move could cost her her life. After she put down the materials, she bows to them but before she can even leave, Anaximander stops her.

Anaximander: "Wait. May I know the name of the lady before us?" Anaximander asks. The Myrian freezes but managed to utter her name.

Myrian Lady: "I-it's Kamui, milords." She says. The two Knights sensed the nervousness in her voice.

Anaximander: "Please. Do not call us lords, for we are neither such nor are we even your own people. And do not be fearful of us. We are not your enemies." He says to her as gently as he could behind his helmet.

Kamui: "I s-see. I-if I may ask, what is your purpose h-here in the Myre?" She asks, still nervous.

Anaximander figured that the Warden's helmet he is wearing is sending the woman on edge, and she probably sees the face of a soulless warrior. He removed his helmet, showing his dark brown hair. Then he answers her.