Vacation #1 W/ Richie

•11/21/90•

Soon Richie's birthday arrived.
But this time it was different. Richie wasn't going to have a party with the Loser's Club like he always did. This time, he said his mom offered to take him and some of his friends to Florida for a week. The thing about this, was that everybody was hesitant on deciding their answer. The reason? Maggie Tozier was a fucking mess, who was now dating a man as mature as Richie, and also 20 years younger then her. Not only that, he's a drug addict.

So far, everyone had said no, except for Eddie. Bill has strong feelings against Maggie, and so do his parents. Will just felt uncomfortable, not about the break up, just with Maggie and her boyfriend. Stan had plans already anyway. Then it came down to Eddie. He really didn't want to, but he felt bad. Part of him said to not go, and not waste his time in a boring, hot and sticky wasteland like Florida, but the other part of him wanted to see Universal Studios.

Eddie had no idea how the fuck his mother agreed to him going. He figured Sonya was the last person who trusted Maggie, since they go way back.

Eddie was scared. He had never gone this far away from his mother for this long, and he cried like a fucking baby in drive home from school before he had to leave.

"It's going to be okay Eddie-bear. You and Richard are going to have fun." Sonya smiled. Eddie nodded and went to his room to grab his stuff, and Richie's present.

He walked downstairs and saw Richie, with his dumb glasses and mess of black curls, just standing there, with something in his hand.

"I know it's kind of late, but I still wanted to get you something." Richie stammered, handing the bag to Eddie, who was not expecting this.
Inside the bag, was just little things from a store Eddie likes, nothing much, but he was still grateful.

"Thanks, Rich. I also got you something." Eddie handed him a Disney princess bag (it was the only one he had) with a jacket that was the same as the one Eddie was wearing.

"We can twin now." Eddie beamed, and so did Richie.
"I LOVE IT!" Richie exclaimed and pulled Eddie in for a hug. Eddie knew that it was going to be okay. After all, Richie has no one to leave Eddie for, since they'll be all the way in Florida.

Eddie has never seen or smelled so much weed in his life.

Not that he's complaining or anything.

"Billy, I told you not to smoke in front of the kids!" Maggie scolded her boyfriend, who was too stoned to care. Richie and Eddie were huddled up in Maggie and Billy's bedroom, if you could even call it that. In a 30 year old retro RV, a twin bed with a tv at the foot of the bed was the best spot.

"This is cool." Eddie said. Richie nodded, who decided to play music to drown out the yelling. Eddie thought to himself. What's the difference of being down here and his house in Derry?

Richie scooted closer to Eddie, but said nothing. Eddie knew in his mind that this really hurt Richie, but neither of them were going to admit it.

And then the trip ended.

It wasn't as bad as Eddie had thought. It was pretty fun, actually. Yes, Eddie got to see Universal Studios, or at least the theme park, and it was fucking awesome. There were no late night talks, or any intimate things going on with Eddie and Richie, but it was fine. Eddie has no feelings for Richie, even though he wouldn't mind making out with him and getting high off the weed Billy had sitting out.
Eddie now understood why Maggie wanted to stay in Florida for so long. Because everything is shitty at home. For one week, Eddie got to be in a different place. His relationship with Richie didn't improve or decline because of this trip, which isn't surprising Eddie guesses.

Maybe Eddie needs a Florida trip with each of his friends.
——————————
A/n
that was kind of pointless but ¯\_()_/¯ but all in all, the trip was pretty fun. I wanted to get high so mf bad. And I totally rubbed it in irl Bill's face when I got back skskskksks