Part 15

Chapter Fifteen

My dreams were so strange. Lights danced around me and went into me. One beautiful golden light went into my abdomen and I felt that it was alive. I hugged it and poured my love into it. My baby is loved just like its father is. Loved with my whole heart. My light shown brightly with my love for my baby.

I woke up smelling something so delicious. I no longer felt dizzy, but I now felt very hungry. I sat up from the couch and there was a blanket on me. I looked to the balcony and the doors were closed. Did I get cold while I slept? The sun was setting in the west sky with beautiful violets, rusts, and oranges.

"You're awake." I looked over at Darien who was carrying a tray. He smiled at me. I shifted on the couch for him and he put to tray on the table in front of me. "The doctor gave me a list of things you are suppose to eat and those you have to stay way from." He looked mournful at me. "Unfortunately red meat is one you cannot have while you are pregnant. Thankfully fish is on the list of must have."

I looked at the tray. Salmon with a lemon sauce and mixed vegetables. One of my favorite dishes that he makes me. Tears started to fall as I felt so loved. Dairen hugged me while the tears fell. "You love me so much."

"More than anything." He stroked my arm. "Please don't cry."

"I cannot help it. I am just so happy to be so loved by such an amazing man."

"Oh my love." He moved me to his lap and hugged me more completely. My tears flowed for five minutes before I was able to stop them. I hiccuped and then laughed at my hiccup. Darien laughed too. "You should eat something while you can. You have been looking a bit pale lately."

Darien lifted me up off his lap and set me back down on the couch. He handed me my plate and I started to eat. I moaned in pleasure at how good it tasted. Everything he makes is so delicious. He stroked my arm and started to eat himself. I ate timidly but quickly. I needed this. He made what I needed. He knew. He always knows what I like and need. It must be the link we have.

"Thank you." I said as I set my silverware down on my plate.

"You're welcome." He took our empty plates and set them on the tray. "Don't be mad at me, but I called Keith and asked him to come over." He looked at me as he grasped the tray and lifted it up while raising from the couch. I smiled at him. I could never be mad at him when he was thinking of me. He seemed relieved that I was happy at him for calling Keith.

As he was setting the dishes in the sink, the door bell rang. I started to get up to answer it, but he told me to take it easy. Just like the doctor. I complied and placed the blanket over my shoulders. I was getting cold again.

Keith came bursting in while Peter trailed behind thanking Darien for inviting them over. I got up when Keith came over to me and hugged him. "Darien said that something wonderful has happened." I smiled at my best friend and hugged him again.

While still holding my best friend, I spoke in his ear. "Please don't squeal with my news, but..." I took a deep breathe. "I am having a baby." Keith pushed me away from him and held me at arm's length. He was shocked and delighted by my news. He let go of me and walked out on to the balcony where he started to jump up and down and squeal out there. All his jumping was making me dizzy again, so I gingerly sat back down and put my hand to my head trying to prevent another dizzy spell.

"Angel?" Darien sat next to me. I shrugged off the blanket as I started to feel hot again. "I'll get you some water." He left and was back very quickly. I took the glass from him and drank it loving the cold temperature of it. I finished the water and saw out on the balcony that Keith was looking worryingly at me.