Chapter 26

Jimin pulled out his phone and punched in Ash's number, as it began to ring you had moved yourself to sit on the couch since it seemed like a more comfortable seat. Jimin held the phone to his ear for what felt like hours but there was no one picking up on the other end.

He started to get restless and nervous, which was obvious by his slow pacing up and down the room, "I've called Ash four times and they're still not picking up. And I know I have the right number because I managed to ring them with this number this morning."

"It's OK, I'll be fine." You looked up at Jimin with an exhausted gaze and it looked like his heart broke, "You should head home, I don't want to keep you here any longer."

Jimin quickly sat himself next to you and placed a hand on your back in an attempt to comfort you, "Y/N, I'm not going to leave you like this, I'm staying until Ash calls back."

You felt a sense of comfort in his words as he spoke. There was a moment of silence until the sound of Jimin's phone ringing caught both of your attention immediately. Jimin answered it in almost the same second and shot to his feet.

"Ash! Where are you?" Unfortunately, you were only able to hear one half of the conversation, "It's about Y/N, I have to go home soon and she's come down with nausea and sickness, I was wondering if you knew of anything that could help, or if you could watch over her tonight?"

You examined his expression in the hopes to understand what was being said. There was a few seconds of tense silence as you watched Jimin's eyes wander as he listened, then his eyebrows furrowed in what looked like confusion. You didn't know if that was good or bad.

"Is there anyone else?" Your mind began to fill with possibilities of what was being discussed - some good, some bad, "I mean, I can, I'll just have to make sure Y/N is fine with that and let my friends at home know."

The tension was killing you, "Alright, I'll let her know. Look after yourself." Jimin finally hung up and turned towards you

"What did they say?" You asked expectantly.

"Well, they said they'd message you more details but they said there was a family emergency, which is why they couldn't pick up." he began repeating what Ash had told him on the phone, "Which also means they can't come over."

Your heart fell. What kind of emergency was it? Was Ash OK? What was going to happen now? "Oh I see..."

Jimin could see the worry in your features, "They said not to worry about them though, everything is OK now but they're just not able to travel over just yet - they said they'd come extra early tomorrow morning, though."

A sense of relief washed over you, "What's the plan then?"

"Well, that's what I was going to ask you." he said as his eyes wandered the room a little.

You gave him a confused look as if to ask him to continue.

"No one else is available to keep an eye on you," he began, "So, would you be alright with me staying over tonight?"