XXIX // Life Reaches a Whole New Low

Start from the beginning

Oh, something else I haven't mentioned. The Slytherins. We, of course, were quite adamant as to the identities of those who were the guilty party to the incident at the Macdonald house, but it seems there is a bit of an issue with properly identifying the culprits. The issue is that multiple professors can swear that the guilty parties we named were in fact serving detention at the time, and as we have no 'hard proof' they can't really face any real retribution.

This, of course, all sounds like utter poppycock to me, and also to Sirius Black and James Potter, who spent half an hour raging around Dumbledore's office screaming bloody murder, all for Dumbledore to say, "It's out of my hands, but I will be keeping a close eye on them."

Lily made a frustratingly good point that the Ministry is practically run by the pureblood elitists and that if Dumbledore were to do anything against their wishes the board could have him removed, which would be less than ideal. Hence, it kind of is out of his hands. 

So, we've decided to keep an eye on them ourselves, especially since Mary's decided to take some time off of school. Lily's made it her personal mission to watch Donnan Mulciber's every move, as apparently he did something awful to Mary last year and she wants to make sure he doesn't do anything again.

Oh, speaking of awful, here comes Black... and is that... Aislin Murphy? For Merlin's sake, I thought he had given that up! They had better not be snogging, that girl is no good for him. She's a Hufflepuff for starters, and she's awfully petty. I wouldn't put it past her to do something awful to anyone who got in her way. Perhaps that's why they call Hufflepuffs hardworking, hey? She's certainly trying to reach her goal, that is, if her goal is Sirius Black.

Anyway, I think I'm just going to follow them, because it's not really like him to just come into the library, you know? Besides, I need a break from my assignments and I'm allowed to talk to my friends, aren't I?

Saturday

January 17, 1978

The Library

So, the craziest thing just happened. Aislin Murphy had a complete meltdown, and I witnessed the whole thing. This was partly because I was spying on her, and partly because at one point she was so loud that the whole library must have heard her.

This is what happened.

I followed Black and Aislin through the bookshelves and then stopped abruptly as Aislin giggled and grabbed his hand, spinning him around and pushing him against the bookshelves. I could see Black's face from where I was standing, peering through a gap in the bookshelf, and he seemed surprised but made no efforts to stop what she was doing.

"I've missed you, Siri," she said, and I almost threw up into my mouth.

"Yeah, Ais, um, there's something I've been meaning to talk to you about," Black began.

"No talking," Aislin said, leaning up and pressing her mouth against his.

I just kind of stood there as they started snogging, somewhat intrigued and somewhat disgusted. Now, don't get me wrong, I wasn't just standing there watching them snog, because that would be creepy, but for some wretched reason I couldn't get what Mark Abery said out of my head. For the first time in my life, I was thinking about what it would be like to...

Merlin, I can't even say it.

Not that there's anything to say.

Sorry, I just almost threw up again.

Remus Lupin.

Moving on.

So, as I was attempting to say, Aislin and Black were snogging against the shelves for a short while before Black just kind of ducked his head out of the way and said, "Hold up a sec, Aislin."