Intro

I know what you're thinking: Why publish a Folk of the Air fanfiction that takes place right after The Wicked King now, when the new release is coming out IN TWO MONTHS?!

I began The Exiled Queen immediately after the release of Holly Black's, The Wicked King waaaaay back in January 2019. It first started with A Night With the High King which I published to Wattpad as a one-shot. But I let life get in the way of writing again and abandoned the rest of the story. 

I thought I had more time! So when I found out that the release of The Queen of Nothing got bumped up to November I panicked. And felt kind of sad that I had put so much time and effort into my little fanfiction I didn't want it to go to waste!

So yeah, we're only two months away from the new release. I'm late in the game but I've challenged myself to finish The Exiled Queen before November (hahahaha) maybe I'll get some awesome encouragement here!

I decided to include a copy of A Night With the High King. I'd rather you jump over to the original and read it there but I feel it's really important to The Exiled Queen, since in actuality its a continuation of the one-shot and based off it...

Thanks for reading! And comment away! Comments, votes and interaction are incredibly encouraging and I love to engage with you all!

-Mara