Chapter 7

Malik and I hung out the next day. We went to one of the local "barcades," and he showed me his competitive side. We laughed, told corny jokes, enjoyed pretty good food, and most importantly, each other's company. But then he disappeared for like three days without a word and popped back up as if nothing happened. I didn't question it the first time because I was just so happy for him to be around. We went to the movies and had dinner at this Barbecue place. And then he disappeared again for about two weeks.

The third time he popped up via text message. Said he wanted to see me again this weekend, and that was fine with me. School had been extra busy, and I could use a nice distraction.

"Okay, so you gotta look cute. This is the third date, correct? Time to get your back blown out!" Georgy teased.

"I don't even know if we're going to do all that."

"Now bish, don't play coy. This is a late night date that involves time at his apartment, right? I imagine wine, and a Netflix show playing in the background that everyone's seen a thousand times already to drown out the noise of you creaming."

I laughed, "You are too much...but that's a good point."

"I know it is! This way please!"

I followed Georgy over to his closet space where he browsed through several different outfits, "The plus side to Virginia's bipolar ass weather is that you can dress like a summer thot in late Fall. Voila!"

He handed me his Blue Glover Chino shorts and a white tee, "This is good. Shows off your ass while also giving him very little to take off of you before the sex."

"You really think this is going to happen?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, "Need I remind you who his brother is?"

"That's what makes it all the hotter though. Besides, fucking a homophobe's brother has got to get you one of the ten best nuts of your life."

I laughed and shook my head at Georgy's craziness. Malik was so much more than that to me though! Here he was, someone grown, mature, and just fun to be around. It was easy to just be with him because he wasn't a student here and a lot of the places we would go wouldn't be on campus. There were no worries about being caught, and it was nice to just be.

Sex would be cool, sure, but I genuinely liked him. The question was, did he feel the same way? I want to think I've got a pretty high tolerance for a lot of things except for two: cheating and inconsistency. Malik continues to disappear on me longer and longer with each vanish without any explanation. Just what exactly am I supposed to make of that? Is it me?

I put on the outfit and then helped Georgy get dressed for his big night out with our RA. You see, he had gotten himself in a bit of a love triangle with him and the frat boy he had sex with our first week here. Frat Boy was too deep in the closet for Georgy to take seriously, and the RA, while a bit of an asshole, had grown obsessed with my bestie in a way.

We binged the Ted Bundy Tapes on Netflix, and I glanced over at my phone waiting for Malik to text me when he was ready. Episode one passed...nothing. As episode two came to a close, I gave him a call, and his phone went straight to voicemail. Okay. Episode three, and I started to worry. Was everything okay? Was he hurt? Did Ricky find out about us?

As the fourth episode's credits rolled, there was a knock on the door. Relief had to have been all over my face as I leaped up from the bed and ran to open the door revealing...

"Jose?!"

"Wassup, Landon!" he said with a smile.

This certainly wasn't who I was expecting. Jose and I had seen each other at least once a week for a couple of weeks after he confided in me about his bisexuality, so it wasn't like he hadn't seen each other.