Surviving

Rage's POV
-present-
It's been three years since that day, and lately things have quiet down. Blake(nickname Lively) is six and Lovey just turned threes couple days ago, they decided to start calling me mommy almost two years ago. Today would be my sixteenth birthday, happy birthday to me. We haven't run into many problems over the years, just a couple of scavengers, like one or two. They don't bother us though, just take what they need and go back to whatever hole they crawled out of. Blake ran into a bogey when he was playing what was once left of a playground. Had I not gotten there when I did he wouldn't be here. After that incident I took it upon my self to teach him how to use throwing knives. Not aiming anywhere in particular but honestly the arms or legs, as long as he wounds his target and it slows them down giving me more time to get there, than it's fine.
We're heading north towards Fairmont, should be there this time tomorrow. "Mommy! Look, can me and Lovey go play on the park?" I look at my boys then at the playground scouting the area for any signs of danger. Touching my nose twice with my finger, they know that's the All Clear sign and take off to go play. I pick up there backpacks and stand by close enough to be within reach but far enough to watch their surroundings.

(^Pic of Lovey)

(^Pic of Lovey)

(^Pic of Blake aka Lively)

They play and laugh all morning, it makes me feel good that they are still able to play and find joy in the world. Even if it is at some rundown playground that is smaller than the gas station we stopped at last night. Lovey looks like me if I hadn't died my hair platinum blonde and got a ton of tattoos and piercings, He had chocolate hair and hazel eyes. Lively has golden hair and vibrant green eyes, I can't help but assume that he took after his father.
As the evening drags on we start back on our walk towards Fairmont, I know the boys are tired so we stop at a family dollar for the night. Little did I know someone was already occupying it.

(^Pic of Rage)I woke up to the sound of people walking closer toward my boys

(^Pic of Rage)
I woke up to the sound of people walking closer toward my boys. I quickly grabbed my gun and headed in the direction of my sons as quickly and quietly as possible. "Yeah man I found two kids sleeping in the back panic room... I don't know they just appeared out of nowhere" I heard one guy whisper. By the time I got there my boys were gone, I watched and followed closely as they headed to a warehouse 10 miles from here. It's either ten miles or father, they drove off till I could no longer make out the blur that was their vehicle. One thing I know for sure is there will be hell to pay for fucking with what's mine. I'm a psychotic bitch, but I'm every more of a psycho mommy.

Tyler's POV
I'm heading back to h.q. with two little boys we found sleeping in a infested family dollar. They're still sleep, how they can sleep in a place like that is beyond me. I park the four wheeler and carry them inside as they wake up. "Ty what's this!" Gio and Brent yell storming in, they look at the kids then to me. "I found them like this, I wasn't gonna leave them" the little boy holds the younger one close and looks at me "You should have Mr, because now our mommy is coming. She'll always find us." He says with his head held high, I must admit the kid has guts that's for sure.
We spend an hour or so waiting around for some old lady looking for her so called kids. Brent hasn't stopped starring at the golden headed boy, I know he sees the resemblance they share. "What's your name kid?" he asks "Lively, but my first name is Blake" then you see it click in Brent's head as he gets up and rushes towards the boy. All hell breaks lose.
The door is blown up causing a cloud of smoke to blind everyone, when it finally settles a girl is there covered in blood and looks pissed. The first thing you notice is the tattoos that litter most of her body.

We watch as she looks around and draw our weapons "who are you?" Lala demands

We watch as she looks around and draw our weapons "who are you?" Lala demands. "MOMMY!" The kids scream taking off towards the lunatic wearing blood like it's her favorite fragrance. I watch as she falls to her knees hugging them as if she hadn't seen them in ages. Sooner rather than later Brent and Gio walk in and assessed the situation and draw there guns. The girl stands in front of the boys protectively. Lala advances first while the girl looks back and tells the boys something and they run behind a crate. When she faces us Lala hits her in the face, the girl spits a mouth full of blood in Lala's face and laughs before pressing a gun to her head "here's what's gonna happen. I'm taking my sons and we're gonna walk out of here or all of you die." The girl looks like she hasn't slept in days, Lala catches her off guard and gets out of her hold. She raises a knife at Lala and a gun goes off.