Chapter 19

They swallowed hard and, nodded. I led the way into the dense forest; unlike the campsite, the other side was a spine-chilling jungle, trees grew closer to each other. Instead of birds, the crickets chirped monotonously. Every step we took was like something was keeping an eye on us, the further we went, the darker the jungle became; it reminded me of my cold and gloominess grave. The wild herbs itched our feet, mosquitoes came to feed themselves from our flood. All those things were not an issue for me: not at all, this place was more than perfect to commit the most monstrous murder.

" Enough now! We need to go before we get lost" Shivered, Adam. His hands and feet were rash, his ankles and wrists were aflame with mosquitoes bite. He seized my hands and, tried to get me out of this sinister place. I stood still despite all, his effort he could not move me. He gave me a piss off looked and crossed his arms waiting for an explanation.

"Does this place reminds you of something?" I asked by turning my back on both Fabrice and Adam.

"No! the only thing I know is that you are behaving like an idiot," He was angry - furious.

"Oh! Your words are like a knife stabbing my heart," I mocked

"What!" He asked annoyingly

" How could you forget that day when you rapped me, killed me and, buried me," I sounded dramatical.

"If this is a kind of joke, it is not funny at all! I'm leaving, come if you want," He tried to get away with Fabrice from me but, that was impermissible.

The elephant tree's root deracinated from the soil and, fell on my preys' way making a whistle sound just like the sound of a bomb while falling down. Adam stared at what just happened and, convinced himself that it was just a consequence. They tried to move the other way round but, this time trailing woody-stemmed plants raised up from the soil and, twisted each other to prevent them from escaping: Without a doubt, all those things happened as per my wish. There was no way to escape now.

"What's happening?" Both Adam and Fabrice yelled at the same time.

" Riddle me this guy:  I am both the beginning and the end, I was born when death gave me another chance to seek revenge from my rapists and murderers. Who am I?" I questioned

"Troy! Stop it" Adam slapped me on my back

"Wrong answer!" I turned with a wrathful smile and, blinked my eyes to its real colour " It's Lisa"

"No" He tried to get away without a backward glance but, there was no way out.

I ambled toward him and cracked a high- pitched evil laugh that came out as crazed and hysterical. I swept my hands toward his body and breeze pinned him down on the ground. He showed resistance by trying to kick and tilted his body from side to side but, to no avail. I got my hammer out of the bag and trailed it towards Adam. His eyes bewildered as he saw me approaching him. I expected Fabrice to come for the rescue of his friend instead; he stayed glued to the soil: he did not move or speak a word. I guessed it was too much to assimilate.

"Have mercy on me please" He implored.

"Do you remember how much I yelled that day?" I asked by uplifted my hammer and cut off his left leg making a clunky satisfying sound. I opened my mouth letting the thick red blood penetrating my throat. Adam let out a prolonged wail of pain.

" No, I guess I screamed a little bit louder. Time for another try!" I said by slipping toward his right leg and, reciprocated my action. Adam shrieked out with both pain and terror but, I was still not satisfied by his cry. I needed more and more blood. Confusion kicked me was I really a ghost or a vampire? God knows.

I moved toward his hands, crushed it with my feet and, chopped off both of his hands. What was impressive was that despite, losing all these blood Adam was no fainting. Such a strong man! But, what's the use now? He is now a disabled man, he will surely be a burden for people. I fixed him in the eyes, hold my hammer with both my hands and, with a sudden jerk I beheaded him. Blood came out like a fountain and, I made my self the pleasure to swallow each drop of his blood; it had a sweet and sour flavour when I got enough of drinking his blood, I rinsed my face with it and shouted victory. My voice echoed the jungle.

Time for Fabrice now. He did not move during the whole scene, his eyes did not leave my sight while his mouth kept on staying wide open. I stroked my face with my hands and, removed the extra blood from my eyes. Both my face and teeth were tainted with blood. I brutally turned my neck to face my next victim, my breath was hard which made my chest wheezing very loud. Seeing my eyes on him, Fabrice fell down on his knees, prone on the soil and, ramped on the opposite side. I picked up my another toy, hasten myself toward him and sat on his back. Fabrice was unable to move even, after all, his struggle contrary to Adam he was not pleading at me. His mouth opened but, no sound came from it. I seized both of his hands and handcuff him backwards.

"You know what! I will not kill you with any of my abilities" I convinced him

" Umm," He pushed a signed. He was relieved by what I just told him but if he was thinking that he will continue to live then, he is wrong - dead wrong.

" I believe that animals should be killed by animals. I am sure that this jungle is infested with wild animals who are really very hungry" I said and distance myself from him.

One amongst my wonderful ghost's powers was the ability to control animals. Why should I dirt my hand when something else can make the dirty work in my place. I could hear Fabrice's heart racing at an incredible speed: he was scared just the way I was. I got down on my knee, and pushed out harshen cries of magpies - it was my way to communicate with the wild animals. Any wild animals could resist a ghost cries. No matter how deep they are inside the forest, if they hear a ghost cries they would rush to the ghost. A few seconds passed by when a deep, and prolonged cries uttered from a wild animal were heard. I looked in the direction of where the sound was coming and noticed two pairs of orangey brown eyes stared at me; the eyes were three times larger than any human beings. The animal was no other than a beautiful male lion; his coats were shady manes that ranged in colour from blond to black, the beast roared and, nuzzling its tremendous head on its paws, his hair was swinging like moving waves on his strong and compact body, he placed his two paws forward and kneeled over it, his back lifted a little bit while his enormous eyes fixed Fabrice. He knew who was the prey. All that he wanted was my command for him to attack.

"It's not good to play with foods" I murmured to myself and pushed another cry which only meant time to eat.

The starving lion jumped on a height of 36 feet from its hide which revealed more of its beauty: the beast could easily weight 190 kg, the deep-chested cat had round ears, dark spot all over its legs,  his tails ended with a dark and hairy tuft. He ran in a burst of speed and his four claw feet ended on Fabrice's shoulder. My prey squealed and debated against the king of the jungle. The lion was not patient like me; he plunged his long-pointed jaw into Fabrice's shoulder and wipe it off. Fabrice's yelling was more intense than any of my victim's cries. He was being eaten alive. The lion ripped pieces of his body and chewed the flesh like gum. The crunchy sound of muscle was so fulfilling in my ears that it left me wanting more and more. Slowly Fabrice's voice faded away and his fighting for his life took a full stop- yes he died. I killed all my rapists and murderers except Troy. I knew exactly what to do with him. There must be a mobile phone on one of those bastards. I approached the shattering body of Adam and searched for his phone.

"Bingo!" I exclaimed as I got his new matt black iPhone in my hand- yes, my hammer cracked the screen but, I could still use it. The phone rang two times before a woman picked up.

" Police Station, How can I help you?" The woman's voice sounded through the phone

"I am Troy Peterson, I killed five people. You will find three of them in the forest of silence, one in a supermarket, and two here in river view forest" I said before hanging up.

Making him killed his beloved was not only to entertain me but, for his fingerprint to be present on every victim. He thought he was untouchable but, now he will either end up in jail for the rest of his life or, they will simply send him to a mental asylum. I extracted myself from his body, he would not run away even if he wanted to. Not because I would threaten him but because he was a weak man who starved for several days.

"Goodbye Troy" I kissed him on the lips and vanished into the thin air.