Chapter 13

Going fast is great, but hypermiling can give you great vibes. Driving is relatively easy, yet high speeding makes the routes adventures. Especially, if it is a ghost drifting his victim into its trap accompanied by loud rock music. I insisted with my new mother to drive the car myself and now seeing her face; I knew that she regretted her decision. This drive will surely give her a foretaste about her upcoming misfortune.

"Can you please slow down" She yelled with hands holding her heart.

"Does death scare you?" I asked

"Why are you speaking nonsense?" she shouted

I hit the brakes as hard as I could and tapering off as I came in front of the Peterson's mansion gate. Mrs Elizabeth could hardly breathe; if a short drive from the police station to her house traumatised her, then what would happen when the game will start. I did not know that behind the arrogant woman hid a coward. I turned my visage to face her.

"Was it the drive, or my questions that made you uncomfortable?" I teased

"Shut up!" she was mad at her son, little did she knew that it was a ghost speaking to her.

She unlocked the gate and got inside; I walked behind her by whistling. Playing in the garden would surely be more fun than indoor games. scratching my head with my long and bony fingers; my eyebrows slant down towards my nose making an evil looked, squaring my jaws and cracked a maniacal smile. With my palms facing each other and, my fingers drumming together, I stopped walking.

"Mummy," I prolonged my words with a low-pitched tone.

"What!" She turned around, lifted her hands in the air and took a long breath.

" Let's play," I grinned

"What's wrong with you? Are you mad? It's 1 a.m," She scolded

I observed her exaggerated action by tilting my head to one side then I drew closer to her and, kneeled myself to her level. Putting an arm on her shoulder, I fixed her in her eyes with coldness and, observed each of her blinkings. If she was wise enough like her flattered, then she should know that I'm not Troy.

"Truth or dare," I asked

"Troy stop being annoying and let's get inside" She spun her heels to get away from me but, I seized her hands and crumpled it.

"Stop it! You are hurting me. Insane boy," she cried with pain.

"Truth or dare" I questioned again with the same pitcher of tone.

"Fine! Truth" she exclaimed.

"If you ever learn that I killed someone, will you punish me?" I inquired

"You are my son, nobody will touch you," she smiled warmly at me

"Well, I rapped Lisa and killed her," I confessed

" wh-what" she hushed her tones

"Will you punish me for my deeds?" I asked, giving her an opportunity to rectify her mistakes, then maybe I could spare her.

"No! let's get inside. We will figure out how to cover up your mess," she whispered.

I laughed at my idiocy, How could I ever thought that a person like Mrs Peterson could get me justice. Both Rattled and incensed, I tighten mother-hen around her waist and, pulled her hair. Letting her see my soul would be funnier, but dad would never help me with this. However, when ghosts possess a human being their eyes colour can be made visible to another human.

"Troy, what's wrong with you? You are hurting me," she inflicted

"Troy! No, Mrs Elizabeth, this is Lisa," I snapped