Beautiful Scars Zack Fair x Reader

Start from the beginning

"...(Name)?" A voice called.

You could hear shifting noises.

"Don't move. Don't move." You warned, raspily.

You were barely taking oxygen in.

You heard the door swing open and someone frantically asking you questions as you struggled to stay awake.

You could hear the wailing of sirens in the distance. 

Your head slumped back against the leather seats.

They weren't as comfy as they once were...

At the time, Genesis and Sephiroth were over to hang out, all of them having a couple of beers well Zack was spread out on the couch playing a game on his DS, frantically button mashing.

Angeal was struggling to focus on the conversation. He had this bad feeling in his gut that at first started as a slight tickle and then became painful. He tapped his finger against the brown glass of his full beer bottle, he hadn't even had a sip, this feeling of dread was consuming him.

He glanced at Zack and saw he was perfectly fine, one leg over the top of the couch and the other stretched out in front of him playing his mind-numbing game.

It had to have been you.

Yet, you had gone out before.

You were a reasonable, responsible, and smart young woman with just as reasonable friends, so he knew you were fine. You had a curfew at eleven so he knew you were on your way home. You had sent him a message just a few minutes ago alerting him you were leaving the theaters after the wonderful movie you saw.

He glanced at his phone placed next to him on the table just in case if anything else happened.

Angeal was becoming frustrated; why was he worried now, out of all the other times you have gone out with your friends?

He jolted out of his frustration when the home phone rang.

"Who is it?" Angeal asked.

The boy shifted so he was sitting and glanced at the TV where the caller's number was displayed.

"Um...it's Saint Ansem's Hospital." He answered.

Angeal felt his throat tighten. "I'll answer it."

He placed his beer on a coaster hurried over to the nearest phone and pulled it from its charger.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is Angeal Hewley there?"

"Speaking." He said furrowing his brow.

The three others stared at Angeal with concern, it wasn't just an accidental call.

The woman behind the phone seemed to struggle to speak.

"Your...your daughter is in the hospital."

Angeal felt like he had been punched in the gut. 

"She was in an accident. She is in critical condition."

"Will she...?"

"...the doctor says there is a less than fifty chance, sir."

"Alright, thank you. I will be there shortly."

"Zack, we need to go to the hospital. Now." Angeal ordered.

"What's going on?" Genesis asked.

Angeal gathered his voice before answering softly, "(Name) was in an accident."