Turk!Vincent x Reader

"(Name)..."

"(Name)..."

"(Name), wake up."

You groaned as you opened your eyes feeling someone shaking your shoulder. You didn't want to wake up, you were so tired and wanted to continue to dream about the fluffy puppies you were cuddling, surrounding you with fluffy adorableness.

"(Name)? Are you still breathing?"

You groaned and regretfully unplugged yourself from the wonderful dream, sitting up in your chair.

"Oh, you are awake."

You cracked open your eyes glaring sleepily at the person who woke you up. When your eyes adjusted you finally saw it was your friend Vincent Valentine. He was a Turk who was the bodyguard for your friend and partner Lucrecia.

"Why did you wake me up?" You grumbled rubbing your eyes.

"Would you rather Hojo?" The man asked with a slight smirk.

"Of course not, but I was having a good dream where I was surrounded by the most fluffiest puppies~" You squealed.

Vincent chuckled at you knowing you were half awake.

"I brought you some coffee, just how you like it." Vincent said holding the cup out for you.

You thanked him and eagerly took it taking a sip.

"Gah! Hot!" You gasped sticking your tongue out well waving your hand.

"Sorry, I...should've warned you it was hot." Vincent chuckled.

You reached for the water on your desk and stuck your tongue in the opening to help it cool. Water slipped past your tongue and you hacked up water. The door opened and Lucrecia stepped in, a confused look appearing on her face from the scene in front of her.

You were sitting on the chair coughing and hacking water all over the floor with Vincent patting your back.

"What did I miss?" She questioned.

"O-Oh, Lucrecia." Vincent stuttered placing his hands behind his back.

You turned back to your computer and let out a few much less violent coughs that sounded more like a cat throwing up a hairball than someone coughing up their skeleton.

"Are you alright (Name)?" Lucrecia asked holding back a laugh.

"Fine." You said giving her a thumbs up well continuing to cough.

"She...swallowed some water the wrong way." Vincent explained.

"Oh. Alright then." Lucrecia said walking over.

She noticed the dark circles under your eyes and frowned, "Did you stay overnight again?"

"I had to, Hojo was eyeballing me yesterday and I'd rather not end up as one of his experiments." You sighed.

"He wont..." Lucrecia stopped herself.

That was true.

Hojo was known to have tortured and experimented on many scientists who worked under him either because they weren't "working hard enough" or just because he wanted to. You had never seen him experiment, but from the people who have, it's traumatizing to watch as he mercilessly tortured the poor soul: creature or human.

She sighed but put a smile on her face, "Anyways, lets continue on the experiment shall we?"

You nodded and turned to look back at your computer. Sometime during the night you probably fell asleep on the keyboard since a line of gibberish went down for almost a paragraph. You sighed and deleted the gibberish looking at your notes.